How to convert bin to cda for Karaoke

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

cda convert issue

Post by Guest »

im having the same problem. i have 100's of chartbuster cdgs that my plextor did with no problem. the new ones i just bought show up as cda when i try to convert the discs to add to my external harddrive to use a laptop to run the karaoke...

it will not convert but will copy, burn and everything else. when i add the folder/file etc to convert it it will only come up as cda and an error shows up...

did chartbuster change something or is cdg burner not able to convert anymore... wasted $39.00 if so...
please email me at jeepislander at yah00 dot com

thanks
adam

Post by adam »

Please use Rip tab to rip CD+G discs contents to the hard drive, not the Convert tab.
jamiesreich

CDA is NOT a CDG FILE

Post by jamiesreich »

I have burned many discs using Power CD+G as well as other. I drag a CDG into the program and hit burn. Isn't it supposed to be that easy?

Well it isn't...the others are correct. When I view the disc thru my PC it shows CDA file. CDA is the same extension that an AUDIO cd uses so that it can be played on all music players (unlike mp3's).

I have put the cds in every player I won (Karaoke machines, Laptop, XBox 360) and all thhey do is play music...because CDA IS a music file only.

So what is so great about all these programs that we are told are needed to produce a Karaoke CD? If we already have the files as CDG, how do we burn them so they will play on our karaoke machines???

admin wrote:I am not sure what your problem is. Windows sees any CD or CDG as CDA files. To make sure that the disc is properly recorded you either need to play it back in karaoke machine or using Power CD+G Player Pro.

I understand that your CD plays properly on a karaoke machine? In this case you need Power CD+G Player Pro to play it on a computer. You may also use Power CD+G Burner to save individual tracks to a hard disc.
[/b]