Making CD+G Files From iTunes Karaoke downloads?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Making CD+G Files From iTunes Karaoke downloads?

Post by guest »

I know very little if anything about this process. Recently downloaded some file from iTunes , and want to make a CD+G disk. I am not sure if a CD+G disk is special kind of media, or is it a Regular blank CD/DVD? Also I don’t know what kind of software that I will need to do this, or can I do it from the Itunes program? Any help would be appreciated .
adam

Post by adam »

What is the format of files you have downloaded from iTunes?

Having MP3 or WAV file, you may create CDG file using Karaoke CD+G Creator, and then create a CD+G disc using Power CD+G Burner.

Regular CD-R discs can be used for the purpose.

1c7xwp

Post by Guest »

The file types are MPEG-4 Audio File I download them from my iTunes account.

I was able to burn the files but there was no graphics. the Machine I tried them on was a CDG portable player, the sound was there but no song graphics. That disc was created with iTunes burn disk feature.

Thanks for your reply.
adam

Post by adam »

I'm sorry, but it is not possible to burn a CD+G disc directly from MP4 files. You have to convert MP4 to MP3, import MP3 into Karaoke CD+G Creator, and build CDG file, and finally burn the CDG+MP3 pair using Power CD+G Burner.

Post by Guest »

By building the CDG file, do you mean the I will have to write the words for the graphic file?

Thanks for all your information.
adam

Post by adam »

You may type the lyrics in or import the lyrics from the plain text file.
sparagi

Creating a graphics file

Post by sparagi »

I know the software allows the user to add the graphics part and create customer mp3+g files; but isn't it tough to get the timing right?
adam

Post by adam »

It allows a little training at first, but after a few tracks it becomes easy. You may download the demo, and try it out to see how it works.
hnoor0066

Post by hnoor0066 »

I am not sure if a CD+G disk is special kind of media, or is it a Regular blank CD/DVD? Also I don’t know what kind of software that I will need to do this, or can I do it from the Itunes program?????

Post by adam »

Regular CD-R media should be used for CD+G discs. Regarding the software please see the description in previous posts.