Siglos Karaoke Professional Eject CDG after play is over

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Mad Music One

Siglos Karaoke Professional Eject CDG after play is over

Post by Mad Music One »

How do I eject the cgd after playing it. Example: Say I'm set up and ready to start a show. Start getting request slips and loading singers and their song requests. Play a few songs (karaoke files) and then two new singers come up with their own cdgs. I add them to the list. Their turn comes up, load singer/cdg #1, they finish and now singer #2 wants to sing off their cdg. I have no problem taking out singer #1's cdg and loading singer #2's cdg. But after singer #2 is finished singing, I can't seem to eject their cdg out without either using the CD Eject Button in the CD Settings and screen pops up "Loading CD is not recommended in Professional Mode as your playlist and rotation will be lost." ...OR... I have to use the ADD SINGER/SONG BUTTON and use a mock singer and the ADD CD TRACK so that I can get the LOAD CD SCREEN up, then I eject the CD and hit CANCEL BUTTON. What am I missing here? Can't seem to find anything in manual. Thanks!
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i push the eject button on my drive......
Mad Music One

Post by Mad Music One »

PK...That's funny you should mention that. It seems so obvious and I did forget to mention that I had tried that, also. But all of my laptops state ERROR. It appears that I can't do that since Siglos is running and has control over the drive. I can exit the Siglos Player and then push the eject button but not while the player is running.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Mad Music One I know what you mean. The CDG Disc drive GUI does not popup after the last CDG song is played. For now you will just have to press the eject button. I never thought about it before, but it would be a good feature to add in future versions. Piotr or Adam, is it possible to make the CDG Disc GUI popup after the last CDG song is played so the KJ can just click the EJECT CD button on the popup GUI instead of pressing the eject button on the drive itself?
Mad Music One

Post by Mad Music One »

hornet59, I wasn't sure if I was overlooking something (a setting). I've had this player for several months now and am still discovering all of it's feature and still keeping it updated. It has several other options that my other player doesn't, including playing bin files and or the ability to play discs. I only wish that the cross fading from one track to the other was better AND a separate player for filler music with the ability to see the music file names and create on the fly. Sometimes I play a couple of Dance tracks per hour during Karaoke. I get request sometimes and I know it has a search feature but I would much rather load as I go and when I want. Since I do have some explicit tracks, (that I only play at appropriate times and venues) and have them labeled in the folder, I would like to be able to see them. Unfortunately, Siglos player just loads everything from my music folder. So, if I have an artist with three albums, then all tracks from that artist will play, one right after the other. Maybe I'm just lazy having to make up playlists. But I have enjoyed many of the products here. Thanks for responding!
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

This bug has been around for awhile I posted it Feb 15 and the response was that it would be investigated. Mad music one is right pushing the eject on cd will not work or the windows hot key. I down loaded a free utility from snapfiles.com [hotkey CD eject] puts a icon in the windows tray and one click will open or close the CD even if siglos has it locked.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Strange but I've never had a problem with the eject button
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i have, but that was many builds ago.
Mad Music One

Post by Mad Music One »

...Ok, I decided to try and figure out why I can't get the physical cdg out of the drive once I'm finished playing a cdg and am still baffled. So here's how I go about it:
...>>> I go to and click "Add Singer / Song..." on the "Playlist" Screen and am taken to the "Add Singer" Screen where I type a name in the "Singer's Name" Box. >>> Then I go to the bottom of that screen and Click "Add CD Track.">>> Then the small "ADD CD Track" Screen appears and I select the appropriate Track I want to play off of the cdg and click the "OK" Button. The "ADD Track" Screen disappears and am back to "Add Singer" Screen. Next, I click the "Add and Close" Button at the bottom of that screen. Then the "Insert CD Disc" Screen immediately pops up (in front of the "Playlist" Screen). I then click the "Eject CD" button and the CD Tray Opens. Now I put my selected cdg in the tray, close it and wait for the cdg to load up and click the "OK" Button on the "Insert CD Disc" Screen. That screen disappears and am left with the "Playlist Screen, the Exclamation Point, next to the "Start" Button, is flashing Yellow and Blue, so I now click the "Start Button." The selected cdg track plays completely through. Next I wait for the light, on the CD Drive Tray, to stop flashing (song/track is over and cdg is ready to be ejected). I then PUSH the BUTTON on the CD DRIVE TRAY and NOTHING happens. The CDG will not eject. Am I missing something here? Some setting I'm over looking? It's that way on all of my Laptops with the Siglos Professional Player Software.

...So, the only way for me to get the cdg out of the CD Drive is to 1) Add another singer/song; 2) Use the CD Button Icon in the Settings Menu and then I get the message "Loading CD is not recommended in Professional Mode (use Add Singer / Song to add CD track), as your playlist and rotation will be lost. Are you sure to continue?" or I just 3) CLOSE/EXIT out of the Siglos Player Completely and then I can use the eject button on my CD Drive Tray but of course I will loose everything in that session (playlist, singers, etc) and have to reload.

...Guess I'm just confused when others are saying just use the Eject Button. Are you guys using the Eject button on the CD Drive Tray or the one on the Siglos Player (by using the Add Singer / Song...) option? I just don't like having to add a Phantom Singer in the rotation just to be able to eject out the PREVIOUSLY played cdg in the tray but if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. Have you every loaded up the Player, put in/added a singer and selected the "Add CD Track", put in a cdg when prompted, played it and then tried to Eject the cdg out of the tray without adding another singer?

...I guess I will just have to add a Phantom Singer's Name to the rotation, perhaps a name like "Non-Singer," and put it in the rotation right after a Cdg Singer is used so that I can get to the EJECT BUTTON on the "Load CD" Screen and then delete the Phantom "Non-Singer" out. That appears to be the only way I can get the cdg out of the tray without loosing my current session.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

There is an Eject button on the main program window (the one with playback controls and volume sliders). Is it also not working?
wandacahill

Post by wandacahill »

Piotr, maybe I'm overlooking something, but I don't see an eject button on the main window for SKP. All I can find is the "load cd" button there. I also use the eject button on my disc drive.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Oops, I am sorry. You are right and I am ashamed of not knowing my own program :) I have added a request for Eject CD shortcut to the list of things to add in the next build.
Mad Music One

Post by Mad Music One »

Piotr wrote:Oops, I am sorry. You are right and I am ashamed of not knowing my own program :) I have added a request for Eject CD shortcut to the list of things to add in the next build.
Hey wandacahill, Piotr and anyone else,
...Thanks for reading through my very LONG postings. I'm glad to hear that an EJECT BUTTON will be added in the next build and that I'm not completely going insane.

...Piotr or anyone else, have you ever powered up your laptop, loaded the player, added a singer/song (just one singer), clicked on the add cd track, picked the track you wish to play, clicked the add and close button, put the disc in the tray when prompted to do so and closed tray, clicked the start button, allowed the track of the cdg to play out completely and then pushed the eject button on the tray's disc drive and had it open?

...Please don't consider this as me attempting to be disrespectful to you or your software or anyone else, because I'm not. I enjoy your products. I just find it odd that I have the software player on three different laptops and have tried them all and get the same results, not being able to retrieve the cdg out of the tray without the steps that I mentioned earlier.

...I normally play my ripped files from my external hard drive BUT I would like the option of playing a customer's cdg or my (SC Cdgs) without having to load a "Phantom Singer Name" (and going through the above steps as I mentioned in my above post on Nov. 12, 2012 2:59 PM). However, I will if that's my only choice. Just seems odd that others are able to use the Disc Drive Tray's Eject Button and I can't.

...So, does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? I mean, do you think I'm overlooking some settings on the Singlos Player or the DVD RW Drive on my Laptops? I even tried an External Drive but with no success. Guess I'm just :? Thanks again for your time! :D
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Mad Music One

The steps you described is the exact same steps I follow, but after the last song on the cdg is played I can always press the eject button. Until Piotr comes out with his new build, another work around is to insert a small object like a paper clip into the little hole in the CD player tray. This will manually release the try for you. At least you won't lose anything that's on KP. Hope this helps until the new build
Mad Music One

Post by Mad Music One »

hornet59 wrote:Mad Music One

The steps you described is the exact same steps I follow, but after the last song on the cdg is played I can always press the eject button. Until Piotr comes out with his new build, another work around is to insert a small object like a paper clip into the little hole in the CD player tray. This will manually release the try for you. At least you won't lose anything that's on KP. Hope this helps until the new build

Hey hornet58,
...Thanks, I will try that and see if I can get comfortable with it. I had the same issue with some other software and a CD or DVD, might have been WMP, I don't know, can't remember? But it would not allow me to eject the disc out manually.

...If I don't feel comfortable with the clip method, I will just add a PHANTOM SINGER behind the actual singer that is using the cdg, so I can get to the cdg load screen and then just eject out the cdg and delete the PHANTOM SINGER as he/she comes up next on the playlist.

...Thanks for your help!!!