CDG Creator crashing when "syncing entire file"

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

kellyanderic

CDG Creator crashing when "syncing entire file"

Post by kellyanderic »

Hi .
Ive been using CDG creator quite successfully for nearly 2 years, but recently, it has begun locking up partway through the "sync entire file" process.

(that is: the audio playback **stops abruptly "mid stream" - and once this has happened - there is no further response from any CDG creator function
(** audio stops just like it does when a "normal/successful " sync process completes after the last word in the lyrics - that is :

it is as if:

The software has seen an erronoeus "end of file character in the "lyrics" file, like I presume it must do when the "last word " is encountered in the normal sync process)

I have raised this issue directly with the guys at powerkaraoke and have (in accordance with their suggestions) :

1. used alt MP3 mode
2. used create temp WAV file
3. uninstalled adnd re-installed s-ware
4 - restored s/ware to default settings

And still the problem continues - !!

As I say - Im a WELL seasoned user of this software, synced over 250 songs .. it has worked brilliantly until recently, and now, on about 10-20% of sync attemps CDG creator just locks up, and the only way out of that is to kill the CDG creator process in task manager - and re-start it and then HOPE for the best on the next try!!

(for this reason, I always create lyrics in a separate Text file first!!!!)

These problems are apparent on using a fairly new laptop - HP Compaq CQ62- running Win7 64 bit ( this laptop is about 18months old now)

Prior to that, when I first used CDG creator, I was using CDG creator on and older HP laptop running WinXP ,and ... I Also have a new HP laptop also running win 7 64 bit

-and... it does seem that this problem of locking up is only apparent on the older CQ62 laptop

ALL my machines run kaspersky a/v, have NO illicit s/ware etc on them, have more than adequate RAM and disk space available, are maintained to a high standard.

Other programs like Live8 recording s/ware, Virtual DJ and all other ultilities such as MS office run smoothly on the CQ 62 laptop .. so

Any ideas??

Regards

Kelly and Eric
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This is very strange -- I understand you have not changed the program version?

If you have not done this already please try installing K-Lite codec pack and see if it helps:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_l ... c_pack.htm
kellyanderic

Post by kellyanderic »

Hi There, I regularly update the software -
Current version I'm using is: 2.2.16.

I've had this suggestion recently from support about using a different codec..

But.. i'm afraid my "engineering background /mind" doesnt like doing things UNLESS I know why i'm doing it !!

Otherwise, I'm afraid this approach is best described as:

"poke and hope" !. -

This is a well used phrase describing attempts at fixing things ...particularly where hardware faults are concerned - just keep changing things until it seems to work ... and then hope for the best !!
( but of course if you never found out what the fault mode was in the first place, you're never going to be quite sure if you've fixed it !!!

The fact is:

This software worked fine.. and now it doesn't.. so Whats changed???

I havent installed any new software of significance, and as I say, all other programs that use Audio functions, like recording software, key changing software, Virtual DJ etc ALL run smoothly,

So - the only thing i can see that might have changed is windows updates??

So - can you tell me the reasoning as to why changing a codec will help?

As I say - i dont like doing anything unless i know why !

Regards

kelly and Eric
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Karaoke CD+G Creator uses DirectX to read and play audio. It is possible that something is interfering with the audio flow. Installing codec pack might reset this.
kellyanderic

cdg creator direct x??

Post by kellyanderic »

Hi Piotr

Thanks for your reply.

However, surely direct x defined as: " a collection of API's (application programming interfaces) - is a generic system that covers a multitude of software platforms - and is well defined in its use - that is to say - if there were bugs in it - im sure they would have been identified long since?.

So ... If CDG creator "uses direct x" - and ... assuming there IS AN issue with direct x -then would this not be apparent in other applications?

For example - Live 8 recording software (which I USE A LOT on this machine ) uses direct x - or I CAN switch it to use to ASIO - which I do do for live recoding via an external Adio card fir multichannel recording. HOWEVER - IT HAS NEVER CRASHED - EVER when using direct X !!!!!

The Fact is .. CDG creator stops playing audio ONLY WHEN syncing files...
And it then STOPS EXACTLY LIKE IT does when in normal sync when it gets to the "Last word" -
That is: as I see it ... CDG creaotr is looking for an "end of file charater in the txt file " to define the "end of sync process" when working normally - (there is NO USER INPUT REQUIRED TO DEFINE END OF SYNCE OTHERR THAN TAPPING SPACE BAR AT THER LAST WORD" )

That is when CDG crashes mid stream, it ALWAYS crahses AFTER the space bar is tapped !!!! - NOT DURING "playing during sync as such "
THAT IS TO say - CDG creator is obviouslt acting in conjunction with both lyrics and Audio ( which is its function after all!!) - but is not secure in its interpretation of where it is in the lyrics text file during sync)

I'm not convinced at all by this Codec thoery.

Clearly it is a problem with CDG creator that is apparent becuase - you alread offer "alternate MP3 mode - and temp wav fiile - in case of playback problems !!

Im more inclined to see it as an erronoeus end of sync input during mid stream, and there is no error trapping in the software - and it enters an endless loop and crashes.
If there was a "required user input" AFTER the last word, say press "esc" or some character that the software MUST see to define the end of sync - I would see this as more robust.

Can we be more specific about what exactly is happening here
I dont Not want to start installing 3rd party packages which are more than likely to start causing problems elswhere.

regards

Kelly and Eric
kellyanderic

Post by kellyanderic »

hi guys ..

Its gone very quiet?

Is there no answer to this problem of locking up?

The support team has gone quiet too !!!!

Was hoping for some creative discussion ?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We are about to release a new build early next week that will address this issue. It took us a while to reproduce the bug, but finally we got it. Please come next week and get the new version.
Raubhautz

Re: CDG Creator crashing when "syncing entire file"

Post by Raubhautz »

kellyanderic wrote:...
These problems are apparent on using a fairly new laptop - HP Compaq CQ62- running Win7 64 bit ( this laptop is about 18months old now)

Prior to that, when I first used CDG creator, I was using CDG creator on and older HP laptop running WinXP ,and ... I Also have a new HP laptop also running win 7 64 bit

-and... it does seem that this problem of locking up is only apparent on the older CQ62 laptop

ALL my machines run kaspersky a/v, have NO illicit s/ware etc on them, have more than adequate RAM and disk space available, are maintained to a high standard.

Other programs like Live8 recording s/ware, Virtual DJ and all other ultilities such as MS office run smoothly on the CQ 62 laptop .. so

... Kelly and Eric

Hello,

My name is Phil and I am looking at purchasing the Karaoke Creator Pro, but I did see some negative stuff on the web which I noted was at least in part due to the parties aqcuiring illegal copies. You, however, seem to quite competent with the program and with computers in general, so I was hoping I would get some feed back from you on this program as well as the resolution of this problem.

I also have a laptop with the 2960 chip/32GB ram and plenty of space, so I do not expect to have hardware issues. But I do use Win7 Ultimate (64-bit) [lots of vm's] so, that is a concern for me with this program. Perhaps it would be better served on a lesser machine?

Thank you for any information/insight you might provide.
adam

Post by adam »

I recommend to download the demo of the software, and try it out. It is the best way to find out if the program suits your needs, and run smoothly on your computer. Should you experience any problems, or have any questions, you may contact [email protected] for further help.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

kellyanderic wrote:hi guys ..

Its gone very quiet?

Is there no answer to this problem of locking up?

The support team has gone quiet too !!!!

Was hoping for some creative discussion ?
As a follow up -- the latest version should fix this problem.