no sound with cdg to avi converter

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

celtickaraoke

no sound with cdg to avi converter

Post by celtickaraoke »

When using PowerKaraoke cdg to avi converter some of my tracks will play video with sound others will just play video with no sound. I convert the mp3 to wav before making the video and use the same principle with all my conversions. I can't understand why some work and some don't.
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to change the compression codec used for the output files.
celtickaraoke

Post by celtickaraoke »

Tried them all but none of them worked. Would it have something to do with the output format after I Sync words and music in karaoke builder or could it be the type of audio converter I'm using.
celtickaraoke

Post by celtickaraoke »

celtickaraoke wrote:Tried them all but none of them worked. Would it have something to do with the output format after I Sync words and music in karaoke builder or could it be the type of audio converter I'm using.
Have tested audio files with media player, all working, after converting checked AVI file through "Properties" it shows that there is no audio sound with the file. None of the compressors are picking up the audio. Can anyone help.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Please try installing K-Lite codec pack and see if it helps:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_l ... c_pack.htm
celtickaraoke

Post by celtickaraoke »

piotr wrote:Please try installing K-Lite codec pack and see if it helps:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_l ... c_pack.htm

No Joy. I am registered and when tried in Powerkaraoke cd+g to avi trial version everything works ok. I can only assume it's the builder studio program. Thanks anyway.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Maybe MP3 and CDG files are not paired (ie. they have different names)?
celtickaraoke

Post by celtickaraoke »

piotr wrote:Maybe MP3 and CDG files are not paired (ie. they have different names)?
If they were not paired they wouldn't work with PowerKaraoke cdg to avi trial version. They do work with that program. So I can't understand why they don't work with Builder Studio.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly -- you are able to process the songs in our software and it does not work in Karaoke Builder? Or is it something else?
celtickaraoke

Post by celtickaraoke »

piotr wrote:I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly -- you are able to process the songs in our software and it does not work in Karaoke Builder? Or is it something else?
Yes I am able to process the songs with your software but not with Karaoke Builder
adam

Post by adam »

Did you try to contact Karaoke Builder developers for help?
samIam

Post by samIam »

So you cannot rename files, is that what I am gathering from this thread? I am having the same problem. The files once played without fail, now, all I see is words and no sound. I renamed the files. Could this be the issue, is this what you mean by "not paired."
adam

Post by adam »

Of course you can. You just need to remember to rename both of them.
FM steereo

problem with cdg files

Post by FM steereo »

When I copy cdg files from one folder to another, the audio no longer plays. I still see the words. but no music. I am not renaming the files, just copying them. Anybody experience this or can advise?
adam

Post by adam »

Please make sure to copy MP3 files with soundtrack as well. CDG files do not contain any audio data in themselves.