How to convert bin to cda for Karaoke

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Keeko

How to convert bin to cda for Karaoke

Post by Keeko »

Hi there, can anyone tell me how to convert bin files so they play on a dvd and cdg player. I have been converting them to mpg but, obviously they won't play on a cdg. I was given a cd that will play the music and shows the words on my dvd and cdg but only plays the music on the computer. Can you tell me how this cd was burned?javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

You may use Power CD+G Burner to burn BIN or MP3+G file to CD+G disc. Evaluation version is available for download. The product page is here:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgburner.php
Keeko

Unknown file

Post by Keeko »

Thank you for your information. Unfortunately it didn't help. I have a Karaoke cd I was given, when I explore it on the pc it tells me that the files are cda, it will play the music on the pc but not the lyrics, it will play the lyrics and the music on my dvd player and on a cdg player. What I would like to know is how I make the Karaoke I do on your program, into cda files with lyrics as my dvd player won't play cdg's.
Hope you can help,
Keeko :cry:
Keeko

Post by Keeko »

Has anyone looked at this yet? :?:
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am not sure what your problem is. Windows sees any CD or CDG as CDA files. To make sure that the disc is properly recorded you either need to play it back in karaoke machine or using Power CD+G Player Pro.

I understand that your CD plays properly on a karaoke machine? In this case you need Power CD+G Player Pro to play it on a computer. You may also use Power CD+G Burner to save individual tracks to a hard disc.
Keeko

Post by Keeko »

Sorry to be a pain, I am just about at the end of my tether. I have been burning my discs as VCD or SVCD, but doing it this way they will not play on a CDG player and I cannot copy just one or two songs from the disc. I would like to be able to play the CD on a CDG and DVD, it dosen't matter if they don't play on the computer after they are converted as I check them before I burn them on your CDG player on the computer.
I hope this makes it a bit clearer.
Thanks Keeko
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

To burn CD+Gs you need Power CD+G Burner, but your burner has to be capable to write CD+G subcodes. Download the evaluation version and give it a try. What make is your burner? I mentioned checking the disc after it is converted because sometimes they do not play correctly after burning (usually drive is to blame).

Please remember that CDG discs may not play on DVD -- most of DVD players do not support CDG. So you may have to burn two CDs -- CD+G and DVD/VCD.
Keeko

Post by Keeko »

Thanks for your reply. I think I may have found the problem. I was burning VCD with Variable Bit Rate ticked. When played in a CDG player that supports VCD the music was playing in fast forward. I haven't tried out my theory yet, but I will also give yours a go. Yes my Burner does support CD+G burning. I still haven't found out how to burn BIN as CDA, any thoughts on that one yet?
Thanks
Keeko
Keeko

Post by Keeko »

Me again, I forgot to mention why don't I have any CUE files after I have converted my songs to CDG?
Keeko
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

To burn BIN files you need Power CD+G Burner -- evaluation version is available on our website. And there is no need for CUE files.
Nivriv2k

I can't get my files play on my computer.

Post by Nivriv2k »

i burned a cd through powerkaraoke burner and the cd only comes out cda . I don't know if a old regular cd+g player will read this file or not. Its not playing the music with graphics on computer or siglos player. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I guess it will play in a cd+g player
adam

Post by adam »

The CDA is the proper extension. If you are experiencing problems, it may be the disc was not burned properly. What is a manufacturer name for the CD/DVD drive you are using?
fensom

Re: I can't get my files play on my computer.

Post by fensom »

Nivriv2k wrote:i burned a cd through powerkaraoke burner and the cd only comes out cda . I don't know if a old regular cd+g player will read this file or not. Its not playing the music with graphics on computer or siglos player. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I guess it will play in a cd+g player
After burning your karaoke files (In your case, the BIN files), using Power Karaoke Burner, you will only see files with the CDA extensions if you use Windows Explorer to check the contents of the CD. This is because CD+g Discs have the graphics in a sub-channel of the CD that Windows does not normally read. If you play it on a normal CD player, the CD Player also ignores the graphics sub-channel, and you get normal audio. A CD+g Player will also read the Sub Channel with the graphics, and render it to the display device.

If it won't play using Siglos, It sounds like your burner doesn't support reading/writing to the sub channel. Do any other CD+g Discs play with Siglos? (Not one's you have burnt. One bought from a shop. or something.)
jw1196

Can't play songs from hard drive

Post by jw1196 »

I ripped songs from my CD+Gs to my hard drive and to my portable hard drive using powerkaraoke burner. Now the songs won't play on Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder when I load them from the drives. :( Am I doing something wrong?
adam

Post by adam »

It may be that the CD drive you have does not read CDG data properly. You may test it using Siglos. Just try to playback CD+G disc directly from the drive.