Arabic/Hebrew in the software

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Or

Arabic/Hebrew in the software

Post by Or »

Can I write Hebrew or Arabic (From right to left) in the evaluation version of the software, which I can download from the site?

Thanks
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, PowerKaraoke software supports left-to-right languages. All you have to do is to enable this functionality right-clicking in lyrics editor or selecting the checkbox in Preferences.
Mo

Does not support RTL languages?

Post by Mo »

Or asked in this thread if the program supported RIGHT to LEFT languages and the answer from Admin was that it supported LEFT to RIGHT languages. At first I thought it was just a typo on Admin's part, but my experience just now makes me think otherwise. I am trying the evaluation version of Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder 2. I created a .kar file (MIDI with lyrics) in Anvil Studio, with Hebrew lyrics. When I tried to play it in Siglos, I was able to select a Hebrew font to display the lyrics, but in the Karaoke window, the lyrics ran from left to right (which is back-to-front for Hebrew), making them practically illegible. I could not find anything in the settings to make them run right to left.

Additionally, I found that neither the key change control nor the tempo change control works.
Mo

Similar problem in CD+G Creator

Post by Mo »

I am now also trying out CD+G Creator and I have the same problem. I imported the lyrics and the sound track from my MIDI file, and I selected "Support complex scripts" in the preferences and I also selected "Right to left reading order" in the right-click menu of the lyrics editor. I also inserted a text-settings event, which purported to allow me to select a Hebrew font and script. Despite all that. the words appear in the wrong script (character set) and are utterly indecipherable.
adam

Post by adam »

Please make sure to enable "Unicode" encoding when importing lyrics.
Mo

Re: Similar problem in CD+G Creator

Post by Mo »

Thanks for the suggestion Adam, but I see no way of doing that when importing lyrics from an existing MIDI or KAR file.

Please bear in mind that I have already created those files in Anvil Studio (it can create both file types) and in those files, the lyrics are already perfectly synced to the music, so I don't want to recreate them all over again in this software, I'm only trying to see if the Siglos player or CD+G Creator can play it for me.

The reason for this is that my favourite Karaoke player (Van Basco's) is not Unicode aware and does not support right-to-left display of lyrics, so for my Hebrew composition, I need a new Karaoke player with support for Unicode and right-to-left languages. It seems to me that neither of them fulfill both of these requirements. The player doesn't do Right-to-Left lyrics display and although the creator does, its Unicode support is too poorly implemented to be of any use to me. Not forgetting also, that, as I reported earlier, the tempo and pitch controls in Siglos do not work on MIDI or KAR files. So, I won't be buying the registered versions of this software.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, unfortunately MIDI import does not work with RTL or complex scripts and it is not going to change in the nearest future.

Re: Arabic/Hebrew in the software

Post by Guest »

Karaoke CD+G Creator Pro supports right to left encoding but the problem is CD+G format specification enforces low resolution to be used.
So you can do it but you will have low resolution

This is the new version, yet in the old version of Karaoke Creator i only needed one software who can do this and export to avi, now the company requires us to purchase 2 softwares and we will receive low quality

Thumbs down on the upgrade
Piotr
Admin

Re: Arabic/Hebrew in the software

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry for that. Karaoke Video Creator has completely different rendering engine and making it work for RTL languages would be a major work.