KIOSK that inface with Karaoke Pro

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

KIOSK that inface with Karaoke Pro

Post by hornet59 »

Hey guys, do you think you'll ever create a KIOSK that will interface automatically with Karaoke Pro? A feature that would allow automatic integration where a singer finds, select, and sends the song through the KIOSK and it will automatically add the singer and their song to KP? A button on KP to allow automatic KIOSK singer and song adds but can be turned off to allow the KJ to manually add the song for the singer. I currently use Tricerasoft Super Remote Request Tool as my KIOSK and I'll add the song to KP manually. If I'm having a party with friends at home, sometimes I'll use the Request Tool and JustKaraoke 2 and let the KIOSK add the song to JK2 and let it start automatically, but I would rather like to use KP because it's a better hosting program. JK2 is just my backup in case something happens when I'm doing a gig. If you create a KIOSK for KP, I'll be the first one to buy it!! :D :D
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We are working on mobile interface for some time now. It will allow customers to enter requests using their smartphones or it will be possible to set up a tablet as an entry point. The gears are mostly complete, but user interface for this is a complex issue. Having said that I think that this will be the next major update to Siglos and I would like to have it done this spring.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

That's great news Piotr. My singers love my KIOSK setup and like I said earlier, if your KIOSK setup interfaces seamlessly with KP I will definitely buy the program. Hearing that your program is close to release is music to my ears!!
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

I have been waiting patiently for news of this since I asked you guys about it way back when. Looking forward to the actual release. I have been using the super request server tool as well and my guests are loving the login and see their song history to choose their songs from. Gettin all tingly thinkin bout this upgrade to SKP...lol :D :D :D :D
whittonspawn

Kiosk Update

Post by whittonspawn »

Hey guys what the update on the kiosk software?? Im like a kid before Christmas patiently waiting.. Thanks
hornet59

Re: Kiosk Update

Post by hornet59 »

whittonspawn wrote:Hey guys what the update on the kiosk software?? Im like a kid before Christmas patiently waiting.. Thanks
whittonspawn, Piotr said it should be early summer. I know exactly how you feel because I can't wait either. Like you said it's like being a kid before Christmas, and Piotr is SANTA!!!!
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

lol....Piotr św. Mikołaj
i've been good all year!!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Not that saint, but working on it ;)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, is the kiosk almost ready for prime time? I can't wait to see what the program looks like!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Yes, we are getting there. I hope to post something for testing next week :D
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

AWESOME news! I can't wait to try it out!!!!!
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, any good news about your kiosk program? Hope it's not giving you problems.

One suggestion if it's not already part of the features is to have an area on KP that you will click on to tell the whole KP/Remote Terminal system that the KJ is not taking any more requests. It would be like a box you check on KP and whenever someone tries to send a request a popup is displayed on the remote terminal that says no more requests are being accepted.
Paradigm Karaoke

you know, i like the idea of a no more request button, but how can we make it show before they begin searching to request a song, but allow them to look anyway to see if we have it just knowing from the start that it is too late for tonight?

i love that idea, maybe a bar to the left and/or right of the screen that's red and says no more requests (in more friendly terminology of course) so there is no mistaking, but they can search.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Maybe once you click on the box in KP it will send a signal to the kiosk and activate a banner like you suggested in red that says "Sorry no more requests are being accepted but you are still free to look"
Paradigm Karaoke

perfect!