Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I loaded the new version and can get to the home screen and see the que of singers but nothing else. I go to the sign in page and it ask for my name and password but I have never logged in and got a pass word so I can't log in. Also once I get logged in (if I ever do) how can I log in a singer that is already in history so they can see their past history on the remote device? When the setting screen comes up the top right half of the buttons are all shaded and inactive the top 4 and the X all the others seem to be working ok.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

ok slow down a sec Dana, we will figure this out.
1) to log someone in, there are multiple ways but start with this for testing purposes...
select a singer (use yourself for now)
add yourself to the rotation (there are other ways but for now just do it like this)
on the left side of the rotation screen there is a button with a person and an exclamation point, the tooltip shows "edit singer properties", click that.
at the bottom of that small screen it shows your name as it appears on the rotation and a pin set to "-1"
change that to just say "Dana" and put in a number (i have everyone put in the last 4 of their phone so if they forget i can tell everyone "it's the last 4 of your phone" and it is all but guaranteed to never be duplicated with that name, but for this test put "1234").
once that is done hit "ok"
now go back to the kiosk and in the upper right corner is an avatar, click it.
when it asks for username put "Dana"
when it asks for password put "1234"
you should now see a button that says "your songs"
click that and you should see your history like you do in SKP itself.

let's start there and see if this works.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana48457 wrote:I loaded the new version and can get to the home screen and see the que of singers but nothing else. I go to the sign in page and it ask for my name and password but I have never logged in and got a pass word so I can't log in. Also once I get logged in (if I ever do) how can I log in a singer that is already in history so they can see their past history on the remote device? When the setting screen comes up the top right half of the buttons are all shaded and inactive the top 4 and the X all the others seem to be working ok.
Your singers will login using the same name you use for them when you enter it into KP. The password is up to your singers, but I'm using the system Paradigm suggested. I have my singers use the last four digits of their cell phone. It's easier for everybody to remember. Once your singers log in with their name and send in their request, you will receive a notification in the "Remote Queue" window. Right click the singer and select "Request Properties." In the popup window select the "Match Singer" button. In the popup that comes up, select the singer's name and click on the "Select Singer" button on the bottom of the window. You will get another popup asking if you would like to update the singer's remote name and pin. Select the yes button. Your singer is now associated with their history on KP. From now on when they log in with the same name and password they will be able to see their history provided you have it activated.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Looks like Paradigm and I answered your question at the same time, but using different methods lol

I forgot to mention that your singers can sort the listing by clicking on any one of the headers at the top. If they want it listed by artist, just click on "Artist" at the top. If they want to see what songs they haven't sung in a while just click on "Last Sung" etc etc
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Thanks, Guys I knew I could count on you guys to help me out. I did get into the remote program and was able to add myself and get signed in ok and see all my songs. I picked one to add and when it changes screens I see a lot of blank spaces, at first that scared me but I submitted it anyway and sure enough, it was added just as it was in my history. yea! would be nice if the song selected from history show up there to avoid all the questions that I am sure to get about this. I will be printing up some fliers to hand out to everyone with the instruction on how to remotely hook up and sign in. I will do it for them the first time to set their name and password. this should help make it a little simpler to us and get them using it. So longs Books. now they have the same book I have.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Paradigm, Hornet thanks a million. I have a couple of weeks off so I will be playing with this more but after your help so far so good except for what I mentioned above. I am sure the more tech singers will love it once they get used to it. :D :D
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana48457 wrote:would be nice if the song selected from history show up there to avoid all the questions that I am sure to get about this.
Dana, the selected song does show up. The top line is the artist's name followed by the song title then the playing time. The next line is your signed in name followed by remarks. In this area I guess your singers can send you a note. The last part is the key change. You can set up the amount of key change steps in your remote queue settings under general.

*Side Note* When you are no longer taking any more requests, just click on the "Freeze" box that's at the bottom of the remote queue.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

hornet, i was talking about on my phone screen where I was acting as a singer when the screen switches over after i picked a song from my history where I would have to submit it to the host it shows nothing but if I hit submit then it is submitted just as it is in my history and goes into cue for me to sing it and it only allows me three songs in cue but I know that can be set not worried about that part. even not seeing it is no big thing for me but the singers are going to bug me about did you get my song? It comes up and says submitted but they will ask anyway. lol Maybe there is a setting or something that I need to change but I will work thru it and be giving my input and issues again and hope I can be of help. Thanks again
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana48457 wrote:hornet, i was talking about on my phone screen where I was acting as a singer when the screen switches over after i picked a song from my history where I would have to submit it to the host it shows nothing but if I hit submit then it is submitted just as it is in my history and goes into cue for me to sing it
Dana, I'm not sure what you're seeing, but my phone display is exactly like my computer display. After picking a song another screen to submit it shows my selection. At the top it displays the artist followed by the song title, then the length of the song. The singer's name is auto filled and they can input any type of message for the KJ in the remarks. They can change the song's key then hit submit and the song request goes to the KJ. Am I missing something? The display on my phone is no different than if I were to use a computer.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

whipped tonight but will try to get a screenshot.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

http://192.168.1.7:6803/songdetails?son ... 5a144e021b That is the link to the screenshot any help in posting them would be great.Thanks for everything
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

one other thing I found is that if I leave the computer to sit with no activity for while the screen locks up and I can't even close the program without going to the task manager.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm not following your question Dana, it says the song was submitted, but you're not sure it was submitted? am i following you or am i missing something?

"after i picked a song from my history where I would have to submit it to the host it shows nothing" do you mean the screen is blank?

"but if I hit submit then it is submitted just as it is in my history and goes into cue for me to sing" is the "submit" button the only thing that shows up?

as for posting a picture (since we are not on your network, we cna not see your image) i use https://imgbb.com/.
it's simple and guides you step by step.
upload your picture, click on "copy" for the BB thumbnail linked, and paste in your message here
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

https://ibb.co/jSa0f0 well this is what I got when trying to load the picture as you said Not sure if it will help but one thing at a time. First I go the sign in page and sign in. goes back to home page and my song line pops in and I now can choose a song from my history I push my song bar and it loads my list of songs from the history I go thru the list and choose a song and it changes pages to the submit page. On the submit page I get the picture that I am trying to post but what it shows is Artist is empty Song is empty Play Time is -8 Sec Your Name Dana B Remarks empty Key Change empty. There is nothing else showing.

Now I when to my desktop computer and installed the same version from the same link and it worked ok Soooooo I go back to my gig computer and remove and reinstall the version again and I have the same issue. Now I am really confused because it is working just fine on one computer and not on the other both are running the same version on windows 10 Would love to have this working for my singers but have no idea where to go from here.
When I try to brows song by artist or title nothing comes up like it is not seeing my history
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I tried the link and it does take me to the pic so you can see what I am seeing.
By any chance is there a Default link for this version as there is for just Karaoke Pro when we had issues we could sometimes fix them by resetting the Default link?