Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Hornet on your screen what you are seeing is the same screen my phone shows except mine is not filled out. as you can see in the pic above. you see my other post I am really wanting this to work for me but just can't get the gig computer to work the same as my Dest top can't understand it.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana, try this script on your gig computer. It will reset everything to default, which at times will scare the goblins out of your computer. Make sure you create a backup by going to settings - tools (bottom right corner) - save settings before running the script. After you run the script, follow the same steps, but select load settings. Here is the script:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg

I hope this will clear your problems. Let us know what's the outcome.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Hornet did a reg. reset in the past but did it again and reloaded setting No help. Still the same issues. Same screen and no data when searching by song or artist. Something is for sure not right going to download the program on wife's computer and see if it works on hers. If it does I will know it is my computer and start from there, maybe some program blocking it.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, while trying to help figure out Dana's problem I ran across another problem with KP's remote search. If I enter any title with and apostrophe, the search will not complete. I can reproduce this problem with any title that has an apostrophe in it.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I will publish a new build on Monday, I am sorry for the wait.

Thanks for the hint on the apostrophe, will try to fix it.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

the apostrophe problem happen here too.
Some other bugs I'm having...
1. Remote queue column widths keep changing from where I set them multiple times during a show
2. The headers on my announce screens which are supposed to read Hangin' With Hawke Presents are reading Hangin' With Hawke presents and when I make adjustments to the announce screens I lose characters between Hangin and with.

can we also get a no duplicate song/artist setting for the current session if it has been sung or requested during that current session with a customizable message that goes back to the remote requestor (like the freeze message)?

could we also make the freeze message customizable too?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

agree with Hawke, and one other....
i have too many people saking "what is the secret code".
can we have that be customizable as well?
i tell them to use the last 4 of their phone, this way if they forget their code i can tell them "it's the last 4 of your phone".
allowing me to put that in place of the secret code message would be helpful.
Paradigm Karaoke

2 small issues tonight, but i think they are easy fixes.

1) a "0" in the secret code at the beginning does not work
if they use 0647 as their code, it gets saved as 647.
trying to change it in the singer properties does not work.
which leads me to #2

2) since that happens, every time a singer uses a "0" at the beginning of their code, i have to reassign them to a singer name to add their song or it will create a new singer. BUT, also odd is that it does NOT ask if i would like to update the singers information. and once that happens, it will not ask again all night.
to test, i went and put i a song with a new number but attached it to my name and it did not update anything nor did it ask if i wanted to. earlier in the night however, before the "0" issue popped up, it DID ask me for other singers if i wanted to update exactly as it should.

is there anything i can send to help pinpoint this one?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Hope to see the new build tomorrow, would like to use it this weekend if I can get it to work in gig computer.
Paradigm Karaoke

this one is becoming a problem.

the last singers name and code stay on the computer. this way the next singer comes up and may or may not put their name in, and even when they do, they leave the code. so every person that comes in has the same code, so they all go under one person.
for example, right now i have 3 people who put in songs named dave, and all 3 used the code somebody left in 1111. so they all went under one dave.
i have a total of 11 people right now with the number 1111 as their code in rotation.
***solution***
if the submit screen clears all information, this problem is totally gone.

i can't find any setting to stop this, have i missed something simple?

**************EDIT*******************
as soon as i posted, i found the problem
"cookies always disabled" does not work.
if i go to the browser settings and make an exception to saving cookies, it works with the regular address without adding the ?ccc=1, but without adding that exception, even using ?ccc=1 does not disable cookies.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I got this version working on my old computer but not my normal gig computer. So I went with the old computer and tried to use this, this weekend and found if everything was not done in the proper order that the screen would freeze up and I would have to find out why or restart to get the program working again. in the older version without the remote program that I could be adding a song for a singer and jump down to start the singers that were coming up in rotations now I have to either close the add singer window or wait until I have added the new singer/song before starting the singer's song. hope all of these issues can be taken care of before moving on.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, that's not an issue i'm having at all. the hosting part works for me exactly as the previous versions have.
have you tried the reg script?
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Dana is the lock add singer dialog open setting ticked in the program settings? Have you tried changing that?
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Piotr in the remote queue with auto add checked can it be set to add the singers to the rotation same as our new singer position settings in the add singer dialog with a tick box that can be ticked to add at the end of rotation (for the first rotation where we don't want somebody new put ahead of someone who requested first)?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Hawke not sure where you mean but have looked in every setting I could think of and do not see a lock singer box. and yes I have tried resetting default settings a couple of times didn't change anything. I keep waiting for the new version that was coming out last week to see if that will help any. Once that version comes out I'll go from there.