Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Sorry Dana..I meant the lock rotation when add singer open box near the bottom of KJ cont screen in settings
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Yes it was checked haven't had time to see if that helped or not. Wifes mother passed and the next few days are going to be hectic but will update when I can.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Condolences and peace to you and your family Dana
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm sorry to hear about your MIL passing Dana, i dread that day myself.

Piotr, i'm not sure if i posted this before, but on the singer interface, they must click on the words to access the search feature. the entire button is not clickable, only the words themselves. i have watched a large number of singers go to the second kiosk thinking something is wrong with the first one when all they did was click on the "search for song" button and not the actual words themselves.
making the entire button clickable would be a huge step in end user ease.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm, the entire box is not clickable, but if you picture the words on a line that extends across the box you can click anywhere on this line. But your recommendation of making the "entire" box clickable is a good one! Piotr, I second this request! Hope it's an easy code adjustment.
Paradigm Karaoke

still having a problem where it sometimes asks me if i want to update the singer info and sometimes not. if they put in 3 songs for instance, i can select one, attach it to a singer and add the song and it will add the correct singer as expected. if i click add on the next song without re-attaching the singer again, it will create a new singer, and use that new singer for the third song. if i go and delete that new singer from history, and manually add the singers code to their info screen, it wtill will not permanently attach them and will create an identical singer with the same name and code just without their history. it's really odd.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

In 2.1.1.38 build all table area should be clickable. I hope we have also fixed the problem with matching singers Paradigm reported for good.

Also songs from multiple discs should merge in 'New songs' list.

Sorry it took so long.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, on your new build all the table area is clickable, but if you don't click directly on the words or in a straight line directly left or right of the words nothing happens. So if I click below the words the button looks like I'm clicking it, but it doesn't do the same thing as if I am clicking on the words or in a straight line directly left or right of the words.

The multiple listing on the "New Song" list is fixed.

I'll let Paradigm elaborate on the problem he found and if it's fixed.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Nice job Piotr! as Hornet stated the whole boxes are not clickable only the horizontal line through the words. I am still losing spaces/characters on my singer announce screen each time i shut down/start skp (on the edit announce screen in settings), the existing singer's screens typos appear to be sorted now, although when I make changes to them that same space/character disappearance happens.

p.s. sent ya log files
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

hornet59 wrote:Piotr, on your new build all the table area is clickable, but if you don't click directly on the words or in a straight line directly left or right of the words nothing happens. So if I click below the words the button looks like I'm clicking it, but it doesn't do the same thing as if I am clicking on the words or in a straight line directly left or right of the words.
What browser are you using and is it for all searches (ie. browse, search)? I can click anywhere, the only place that did not work was 'My Songs'.
AlexFL

Post by AlexFL »

Hi Piotr,

When I update from 2.1.1.22 to 2.1.1.38 (.37 also did this) it keeps crashing randomly after a few minutes of running.

I uploaded the log https://we.tl/t-fNJH7wz90m.

Regards,

Alex
Paradigm Karaoke

same here as Hornet and Hawke, the name on the button is selectable, but not the whole button, and it is with all buttons.
i am using firefox, but get the same on chrome as well.
i can see when it gets to the horizontal plane of the words that the arrow becomes a hand to click the button.

as for the singer match issue, i will have to try it tomorrow night and report back to you.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr

Just like Paradigm, I too use Firefox. However, I tried using IE and Safari and both work just like you said. I am able to click anywhere in the box and it works flawlessly. It doesn't work the same in Firefox and as Paradigm mentioned, Chrome. Hope this info helps.
Paradigm Karaoke

outside of the button issue, which we seem to have narrowed down to Firefox and Chrome, everything worked great last night. not one singer was a problem (though i did not have any of my singers with a "0" at the beginning of their secret code). the only issue i came across was on my own phone with Firefox and tapping the button selects it, but does not do anything. i have to hold longer for it to go to the page i want.

aside from being able to change the "secret code" verbage as i mentioned before, another thought to make things easier to understand for the singer....
when a singer comes up to ask tochange the order of their songs, the verbage i generally get is "can i switch my songs?"
so, with that information...
in the queue screen on the phone, instead of the "move up" or "move down" option which i assume activates the move up and down buttons in their playlist, can it say "switch my song to" and show the title field for all songs they have current in queue, similar to what we see, but only the title field.
this way they click the song they want next and it activates the "make this song next" star button instead.

don't know if it's possible, but it would follow the way singers tend to think more closely and make it more intuitive for them.

a few questions as well...
the cache icon on the remote queue screen, clicking it brings up "are you sure?" and "yes" and "no" buttons. is this supposed to refresh the cache?

also, clicking the refresh button in the settings makes it show "cache status 0% prepared" but it does not refresh it at all.

the title page image, what dimenstions should be used to get a fuller image? right now i am using my inactive screen image which is 1280x720 and it is so cute and tiny on screen. not horrible on phones, but on a kiosk....
is there a better resolution for it to fill the screen better?
here is what i see

here is what i envision, replacing the background entirely

if that's too much (which i understand it very well may be...i know...i want it all....) how about this
just the top part, and give the dimensions required for the image to fill horizontally the full screen.
Paradigm Karaoke

one problem tonight. a singer put in the last 4 of their phone as their code and it began with a "0".
SKP will not recognize the "0" and sees it as a new singer every time.
this is only an issue if it is a leading "0", anywhere else in the code and it works fine.