Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Awesome! At least you figured out the problem. Glad you're up and running just like the "Polar Express" lol

Merry Christmas to you, your family, and everyone out there in karaoke land!!!
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

one thing that i am noticing, damn near every single person comes up to me asking what the secret code is.
i like the idea of the code, i know some would rather not make it mandatory which i totally get, and the option to not make it mandatory is perfect, but it would be great in my situation to be able to change the text that asks for the secret code to something else.
like it shows in my image of the background (which apparently people do not read) i ask for the last 4 of their phone, the option to be able to change the text from "your secret code (only numbers)" to something like "use the last 4 of your phone here for your own secret code" or something like that.
just being able to change that to whatever a host wants to use (i use that because if they forget, it's right there to remind them what their code is).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm, I think customizing the log in screen would be a welcome addition to SKP, although version 40 asks for your password not your "Secret Code." However, I can still picture your singers asking you what is their "Password."

Piotr, is Paradigm's suggestion a doable addition?
Paradigm Karaoke

interesting...mine still asks for a secret code.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:interesting...mine still asks for a secret code.
This is what my SKP version 40 displays for my singer's login.

Paradigm Karaoke

i see, mine looks just like that for the login. the place i'm talking about is after selecting a song for someonenot logged in, like at a kiosk. there it says secret code.

another small issue, the remote request does not seem to be honoring the "New Singer Rotation" placement, i have it set for "no sooner than 6 singers" and it still puts them at the end. it WAS following the correct placement in previous versions but i'm not positive when it stopped.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i see, mine looks just like that for the login. the place i'm talking about is after selecting a song for someone not logged in, like at a kiosk. there it says secret code.

another small issue, the remote request does not seem to be honoring the "New Singer Rotation" placement, i have it set for "no sooner than 6 singers" and it still puts them at the end. it WAS following the correct placement in previous versions but i'm not positive when it stopped.
Ah I got ya! After checking, mine does the same thing too. Hopefully Piotr will able to change it to where the KJ can edit the screen so the wording can be changed to help the singers.

I'll be checking rotation placement problem later.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

New singer position has always been at the end of the rotation for me through the remote kiosk unless I disable the auto add and open it in the add singer dialog. This was the setting I asked for a switch to switch between add at the end of the rotation (for first round of the rotation) and the new singer position placement in the add singer dialog
Paradigm Karaoke

exactly what i am looking for as well Hawke.

and by the way Piotr, aside from one !@#$% person who refuses to use the same code every time, the request system is working fantastically!!
Dana48457

Remote singer screen

Post by Dana48457 »

Ok, guys, I back been a rough couple of months. Mentioned this before and I have spent two days trying to find out why and how to fix it.
On my gig computer ONLY I get the same set up as my back up computer and my desktop, both of which work. I bring up the browser on my iPhone sign in for my modem at home and I get signed in ok. I then try to ad song by any method and nothing happens. I can, however, look at the songs in cue. That is the only thing I can do. I tried two different modems and made no difference. This computer is running on windows 10 the same with both my other computers and they both work just fine here at home. haven't been able to use this part of the program because my gig computer will not work. Looking for Ideas as to why and what to try next. I disabled all the firewalls to try that no help. I don't know what to do. hate to have to change computers just to get this to work. Thanks ahead of time.
cdakaraoke

Re: Wifi Access Point / Travel Router

Post by cdakaraoke »

AbsoluteDJ wrote:Here's my idea. Maybe someone is doing this already?

I want to setup an AP/Router that will hook up to the existing wifi in the bar or restaurant. It will be able to rebroadcast the internet to the singer/users phones just as if they were on the bars wifi. This will allow them to continue using their phones normally.

This AP will have an SSID name of "Your Karaoke Show". Possibly a welcome page or captive portal that says welcome to "Your Karaoke Show"

The KJ Host computer will also hook up to this AP/Router but must be fire-walled from the internet to prevent Windows Updates and any other internet traffic from occurring. I don't care to use the Youtube functionality of Siglos.
The KJ Host computer will use a static IP address & Port which will be consistent for the patrons/singers.

I know it's a tall order, but can it be done?
Thanks!
AbsoluteDJ/John

I am doing everything except ddns. I use a router with open-wrt on it, the stronger routers can retransmit the wifi channel to create a new wifi channel. It's like a wifi repeater only the side you have your karaoke comp is on it the same you share with your karaoke singers. The other is a virtual wwan that connects to the bar wifi. The ip is different on the shared side than the bars wifi so actually you are protecting the bar. You can block all ports other than http and the request tool if you like. I have a file for each bar that I reset the router to. I do 4 shows a week usually at different bars. It has worked well for me for years, I used to use a different request tool.
Dana48457

Re: Remote singer screen

Post by Dana48457 »

Dana48457 wrote:Ok, guys, I back been a rough couple of months. Mentioned this before and I have spent two days trying to find out why and how to fix it.
On my gig computer ONLY I get the same set up as my back up computer and my desktop, both of which work. I bring up the browser on my iPhone sign in for my modem at home and I get signed in ok. I then try to ad song by any method and nothing happens. I can, however, look at the songs in cue. That is the only thing I can do. I tried two different modems and made no difference. This computer is running on windows 10 the same with both my other computers and they both work just fine here at home. haven't been able to use this part of the program because my gig computer will not work. Looking for Ideas as to why and what to try next. I disabled all the firewalls to try that no help. I don't know what to do. hate to have to change computers just to get this to work. Thanks ahead of time.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana, have you tried using the reset script for your gig computer? Maybe it's not your computer but KP that is causing the problem.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Yes, I have reset it a couple of times removed and reloaded and still getting the same results. all the other computer that I have tried it on seem to be work as they should. Don't know if it should matter but the gig computer is SS drive but wouldn't think that should matter.

But thanks for getting back with an Idea anyway. May just have to go to my old computer that I use as a back up it seems to work ok.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

If your gig laptop is running windows 10 you can try running the troubleshooter. Maybe you could troubleshoot the hardware and devices, incoming connections, and network adapter to name a few. Just throwing these things out there.