SKP skip silence suggestion

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

SKP skip silence suggestion

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

so i have been coming across more songs recently (purely by chance, but it is what made this idea pop up to me) that begin singing before the music starts or continue after the music ends. now remembering all these songs so i can adjust the skip silence is impossible.
in the "song properties" window there is a check box to show in remote client or not (great thought by the way Piotr)
what about having a setting in the song properties to allow a different skip silence time for an individual song.
it would work like the "use custom announcement screen" in the singer properties, if it has a time (such as 3 seconds before the music starts) it will use that, if not, then use the default time.
this way when i come across those songs that need the adjustments i can go in and change the setting while that person is singing so the next time anybody sing it, it will be adjusted already.

did that make sense?
hornet59

Re: SKP skip silence suggestion

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:in the "song properties" window there is a check box to show in remote client or not (great thought by the way Piotr)
I didn't even know this feature was there until you mentioned it lol. I agree, this IS a great feature.
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:what about having a setting in the song properties to allow a different skip silence time for an individual song.
it would work like the "use custom announcement screen" in the singer properties, if it has a time (such as 3 seconds before the music starts) it will use that, if not, then use the default time.
this way when i come across those songs that need the adjustments i can go in and change the setting while that person is singing so the next time anybody sing it, it will be adjusted already.

did that make sense?
This would be a nice feature to have. I haven't come across any songs that will use it, but that doesn't mean I'll never find one. I have my default set to not skip any time before a song and stop after 2 seconds once the song ends.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i like to keep things running a bit faster, i have both set to 0.
fill in fades out, and only about 1 second of nothing before the song starts right away.
since you don't use the skip feature i can see why you haven't come across this problem, but just more reason i love how SKP gives options for every feature.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I have mine set to not skip any time before the song because I didn't want to run into the same problem you're encountering with singing starting before the song begins. But if this feature is added I can set mine to zero at the beginning of all songs and adjust accordingly.