Remote Requests: Secret Code Removal

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

blade316

Remote Requests: Secret Code Removal

Post by blade316 »

Hey guys,

I just updated to the latest version of SKP and firstly let me say that the new remote requests functionality is wonderful. Especially the ability to customise so many things about it.

However, is there a way to remove the 'secret code' or make it optional?

I currently run my own remote request system through my website, which allows patrons to use their smartphones to request songs from their smartphones over the internet, I also run 4 kiosk tablets for patrons who dont wish to use their phones.

My website doesn't interface with SKP, so I just manually enter each song when its received, so I was ultra keen to see the SKP remote request functionality.

Unfortunately (for whatever reason), the secret code is mandatory for all song requests, and my patrons (and I for that matter) who use the kiosk tablets dont want to have to enter a code every time they request a song. They just want to search, put their name in and submit.

I understand the benefit of the code, being that it allows, for example, your regulars create an account specific to them. However, I cannot see the majority of my audience using or remembering a code.

Is there a way to turn the secret code off?

Thanks in advance!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We have this in the queue, the ability to disable the code should be available soon (1-2 weeks).
blade316

Post by blade316 »

Piotr wrote:We have this in the queue, the ability to disable the code should be available soon (1-2 weeks).
Oh ok great! This is wonderful new Piotr!
Looking forward to it :)
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:We have this in the queue, the ability to disable the code should be available soon (1-2 weeks).
I am looking forward to this feature too Piotr! This should be a good add on for the remote queue!