Siglos Pro update

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

akcrane

Siglos Pro update

Post by akcrane »

I tried downloading and installing the newest update for siglos pro, but as the installation starts I get the message runtime error says file is corrupt. I am using windows 10
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to download the program using a different Internet browser.
akcrane

Post by akcrane »

I tried using Firefox. Still window comes up saying...Runtime error The source file is corrupted. Is it possible the installed older version is causing problems? I also shut down my Webroot virus protection while trying to install new version.
When I try and install I get
(86)Doblin\SiglosPro\youtube-d\youtube-dl.exe
an error occured while trying to copy file:
the source file is corrupted
abort retry ignore
every time a file comes up with youtube in the name this comes up. I used firefox to download the update
adam

Post by adam »

It is a part of the program that allows to download videos from YouTube. I suspect your antivirus software may prevent the program to install properly.
akcrane

Post by akcrane »

SOLVED....If anyone has this problem, I had to change settings in windows defender firewall to allow program (siglos pro) public and private. after that I redownloaded and installed without a problem.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

akcrane wrote:SOLVED....If anyone has this problem, I had to change settings in windows defender firewall to allow program (siglos pro) public and private. after that I redownloaded and installed without a problem.
akcrane, thank you for posting what you did to fix this problem. Many users come to this forum and ask for help, but they do not post what helped them clear their problem. With your post anyone who is experiencing the same problem will know how to fix it! Awesome job!!