Singer's Song Playlist

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Singer's Song Playlist

Post by hornet59 »

Can a feature be added to Karaoke Pro to allow a singer to have two or more songs in a row? Currently when you add a singer with multiple song request the songs in the playlist order only has one song. What I mean is if I add Singer A with three songs, singer B with four songs and singer C with three songs, each singer has one song a piece in the playlist and the list just repeats with single songs for each singer until all songs have played. If I wanted to allow each singer two songs per rotation, I need to manually move the songs. This can be a hassle if I have a large amount of singers lined up.
carbon_cowboy

singer list

Post by carbon_cowboy »

I have trouble with the singers list also if I have singer a with 3 songs and singer b with 4 songs and singer c with 3 songs. Singer a is call up to sing and the song is not the one that he wanted to sing. I can not take that song out and add the song that singer A wanted to sing with out going to the next singer, singer B, then add the song singer A wanted to sing and them make him next. This is a lot of trouble and the singers hate being called up them told to go set down, I will call you back up later. would be nice if I could just drag and drop the song they want to sing right to the player and replace the song that was not the right one. I would love this and I am sure others would also.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

actually carbon_cowboy, all you need to do is add the correct song then highlight it by clicking on it, then press the little yellow star on the right hand side of the singer's playlist and that will make the selected song next.
carbon_cowboy

Post by carbon_cowboy »

I have tried the yellow star to make the new song next. It loads the title to the player but still plays the 1st song. if I try to click go to next it either goes to the next singer or I get a error and it shuts down. There need or maybe there is an easier way but I haven't found it.
KrazyKaraoke

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

carbon_cowboy wrote:I have tried the yellow star to make the new song next. It loads the title to the player but still plays the 1st song. if I try to click go to next it either goes to the next singer or I get a error and it shuts down. There need or maybe there is an easier way but I haven't found it.
Im pretty sure that if you want the same singer to sing multiple songs in a row, once they are done with there first song, you click the star on the left side to make that same singer next, and if they have multiple songs in cue it will start the next one in line..
carbon_cowboy

Post by carbon_cowboy »

I have found that if I have the wrong song in for a singer that I can stop the playback, go to the singers song list on the right side and delete the song that was the wrong one, enter the correct song and highlite it, click the yellow star on the right to make this the next song. go to the bottom of the program screen and click restart. This will load the correct song and when you click start it will be the correct song for the singer. I am not sure about the same singer singing more than one song unless you stop the 1st one before it goes to the next singer.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

carbon_cowboy wrote:I am not sure about the same singer singing more than one song unless you stop the 1st one before it goes to the next singer.
This was my original feature request. It would be great if there was a feature where I could select how many songs each singer could sing before going on to the next singer. Maybe a drop down menu with numbers 1 to 4 to signify how many songs karaoke pro will play per singer before going on to the next singer, instead of playing only 1 song per singer
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I agree would be much better with out all the work and you could always got to the next sing at any time
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Hey Adam or Piotr, you think this feature can be incorporated into KP in the near future?
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

If you hav 3, 4, 5, or 100 singers in your list and you want one singer to sing his/her songs 1 after the other just disable all the other singers by pressing the second button from the bottom, then you have only 1 singer in your roation and he/she will then be the next singer, simples!!!!
Steven

2 songs per turn feature

Post by Steven »

I'm a little late to this thread, but certainly agree it would be nice if we could set the rotation (from a drop down) to 2 songs per turn. That's the way we run the show at our main venue, and that's a long-standing tradition at piano bar open mic shows with which many of our customers are familiar.

With Power CD+G Player Pro it was no problem. In fact jumping to any song entered in the playlist was as simple as double-clicking it.

We're switching over to Siglos K. Pro, and I'm familiarizing myself with the rotation function, and just hit this very snag -- no easy way to make it let the same singer do 2 in a row! The yellow star SHOULD work, but just like carbon_cowboy mentioned I ended up with it showing the graphics for one song while playing another!

If that's a simple feature to add, 2 (or more) songs per turn, it would be sure nice to have!

Steven
Sonic Lizard Karaoke,
Chicago

carbon_cowboy wrote:I have found that if I have the wrong song in for a singer that I can stop the playback, go to the singers song list on the right side and delete the song that was the wrong one, enter the correct song and highlite it, click the yellow star on the right to make this the next song. go to the bottom of the program screen and click restart. This will load the correct song and when you click start it will be the correct song for the singer. I am not sure about the same singer singing more than one song unless you stop the 1st one before it goes to the next singer.
Tele

hmmmm

Post by Tele »

Humbly I say get rid of the make song next star and allow to be able to click on any song in the list and have it play.........
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

The sings like the fact that they can see who is next but sometimes when adding singers it is nice to be able to just make them next.
I would like the drop down Idea of allow singers to sing two songs. and it would be nice if it said so on the monitor so the singers would know to bring up two songs. Just my 2cents worth.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

if i need to have someone do 2 in a row (anniversary couple, birthday etc) i click over to the playlist view, find their next song and hit the star. it puts that song next even if it is the same singer. does that help?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm, I think what everyone is saying is that if there was a drop down menu to set how many songs each singer can sing in a row it would make life easier, because some KJ's run their show allowing ALL singers to sing 2 songs in a row. Piotr, can something like this feature be easily added to KP? BTW welcome back Paradigm, haven't seen you post anything in a while