Power CD+G Burner not seeing all my drives

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Power CD+G Burner not seeing all my drives

Post by Guest »

I recently updated Win10-64 to the April update. Power Karaoke Burner no longer works (properly) for ripping.

If I use the "internal" engine it ONLY sees my internal DVD drive in my laptop. (PLDS DVD-RW DU-8A5LH)

If I use the CDRDOA engine (with raw set and other options tried) it sees my internal and ONE of my two external drives: it's an LG WH16NS60 in a Vantec NST-536S3-BK external, USB3 enclosure.

I also have a Plextor, factory USB, PX-4012A plugged in and I can't get it to see that at all.

Under only limited circumstances can I get the system to identify the tracks via freedb. These are CB5137 and a Zoom reggae disk ZMREG02. They are not oddballs, but I also realize that you don't control what's in their DB. I tried an old MM disk and it did recognize that one, but with redundant artist info.

To be honest, I havem't tried to use this with all drives so I have no idea if this hasn't worked prior to the latest Windows updates or not. However, I can see all 3 drives by default with RoxBox Rip-n-Zip:

Anything I can do to get all my drives seen?
adam

Post by adam »

We will investigate the problem.

Please try using your LG (HL) drive for burning. Use the following settings. Switch to CDRDao mode, enable MMC_RAW driver, and disable both "Use version..." options in Settings.

Post by Guest »

adam wrote:We will investigate the problem.

Please try using your LG (HL) drive for burning. Use the following settings. Switch to CDRDao mode, enable MMC_RAW driver, and disable both "Use version..." options in Settings.
Thanks Adam.

I really don't burn anymore. Mostly I buy disks and rip them at this point. I have a boxes I've been buying but haven't had time to rip. I've been bragging about your program as the best one out there and I go to try it and it doesn't work for me.....LOL

Just so you know: I do have both my external drives plugged into USB hubs. However, RoxBox Rip-n-Zip can see them anyway. Also, during my trials I plugged the Plextor directly into the laptop and it still didn't see it. I have two of these factory USB, Plextor 4012's so I'd really like to be able to use them!

Thanks again!
KaraokeAmerica

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

Adam, I'm not sure why, but this is MY thread. It comes up as "guest" but I started it.

Can you assign this to me?

Bizarre.....
KaraokeAmerica

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

Hi Adam. Any progress on this?
adam

Post by adam »

I'm sorry, but we did not find a solution to the problem you are experiencing. Which version of the program do you have currently installed?
KaraokeAmerica

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

adam wrote:I'm sorry, but we did not find a solution to the problem you are experiencing. Which version of the program do you have currently installed?

I just tested and CDGRip also sees all the drives:

I find it ironic that the brand of drive that is MOST compatible with CD+G is the one your program can't see! lol
KaraokeAmerica

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

Also, is there anything you can do about assigning this post to me? I started it, but it says "guest" on the original post. Now I can't fix my own typos......:(