How to get fill-in music to play at all?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

tryingcake

How to get fill-in music to play at all?

Post by tryingcake »

I am sure this has been discussed before. I searched the forum using the search term "FILL-IN" and went 5 pages deep looking for the answer.

I have PRO version. Fill-In does nothing between songs. What could I be doing wrong.? According to the HELP files, it should automatically work after populating the files.

I'm missing a step. Please help!
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Make sure you have the settings right under setting KJ on both pages. It't will play and start everytime program starts or in between singer songs.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

Dana48457 wrote:Make sure you have the settings right under setting KJ on both pages. It't will play and start everytime program starts or in between singer songs.

Thanks for the quick response!

"Initiate Fill-In Playback on program start" is check marked. That's all that I see concerning the Fill-In list. That has always been checked. Is there something else I am missing?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Hi tryingcake

First of all, it's best to check that you didn't change the location of the fill-in songs. You could try reloading your fill-in songs just to make sure. If you have the fill-in saved, don't use the saved file. Actually go to the location of the songs and load a bunch of them. Close KP, then relaunch KP and see if the problem is fixed.

I also have the following checked:

On the "Settings --> KJ"
I have a check on the "Initiate fill-in playback on program start"

On the "Settings --> KJ cont"
I have a check on "Advance to the next song on fill-in playlist every time fill-in is activated"

I have a sneaky hunch that your song location has been changed. If it's on an external drive, sometimes the system will change the drive letter. Just check and reconfirm that the drive letter is still the same.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

hornet59 wrote:Hi tryingcake

First of all, it's best to check that you didn't change the location of the fill-in songs. You could try reloading your fill-in songs just to make sure. If you have the fill-in saved, don't use the saved file. Actually go to the location of the songs and load a bunch of them. Close KP, then relaunch KP and see if the problem is fixed.
When I go out and back in, they are always gone. I have to load them fresh each time. I'm thinking that might be the problem?

I also have the following checked:

On the "Settings --> KJ"
I have a check on the "Initiate fill-in playback on program start"

On the "Settings --> KJ cont"
I have a check on "Advance to the next song on fill-in playlist every time fill-in is activated"

I have a sneaky hunch that your song location has been changed. If it's on an external drive, sometimes the system will change the drive letter. Just check and reconfirm that the drive letter is still the same.
Just to be sure, I moved the filler music to my hard drive. No change.

Thank you for trying to help. Right now I have to toggle back and forth between Virtual DJ and KP. It would be nice to not have to think about it.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Try running this reset script. Make sure you save your settings by clicking on the "Settings" button then click on "Tools" (bottom right) then "Save Settings." This script will reset KP to default. This at times will clear the karaoke ghost that trips up the program from time to time. After running the script reload your settings by going back to "Settings" "Tools" then "Load Settings." Hope this clears your problems.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

hornet59 wrote:Try running this reset script. Make sure you save your settings by clicking on the "Settings" button then click on "Tools" (bottom right) then "Save Settings." This script will reset KP to default. This at times will clear the karaoke ghost that trips up the program from time to time. After running the script reload your settings by going back to "Settings" "Tools" then "Load Settings." Hope this clears your problems.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg
Thanks! I bought a new computer (unrelated issue) - loaded Siglos and it works just fine. Thank you for all of your help.