Feature Request: SKP - Set vendor preference for song

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

blade316

Feature Request: SKP - Set vendor preference for song

Post by blade316 »

Hey guys,

Coming from CompuHost, a great feature that I miss is the ability to set a preference for which version of a song is used/displayed first globally and also per track, using prefixes of the track names.

Example of global preference:

1. Lets say you have 4 versions of 'Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge', one by Sunfly, SoundChoice, Legends and Zoom.

2. In your particular library, you feel that Legends versions of tracks are the best for what you need.

3. You have an option to enter the prefixes for your Legends tracks and give them a preference of '1'. e.g. Any track with a prefix of 'LG' will have a preference of '1'.

4. You can then set a preference order for your other versions - e.g. Prefixes for Sunfly - SF, SFMW, SFG etc get '2' .... prefixes for SoundChoice - SC, SCH etc get '3' and so on.

Example of per track

1. Keeping with the model above, there will be instances where, whilst you have specified a particular manufacturer as the first preference, you know that a specific track from a lower preference manufacture is much better, and wish to override the global setting.

2. So in the song edit area, you will have an option to override the global preference setting and make that track the default. e.g. "Override global preference setting for this track - This means when this song is selected, Siglos will use this track, regardless of the global preference setting"

So over time, you will be able to identify the best tracks to use for each song.

Would be a very great feature :)
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i second this idea.
blade316

Post by blade316 »

Any devs??
assassin32

Re: Feature Request: SKP [please do not post unlock codes] Set vendor preference for song

Post by assassin32 »

sorely needed idea. maybe even with the ability to tag each track differently as the preferred version (regardless, or in conjuction with the version ranking/preference filter).

I've got over 100K files in my dbase, but I surely don't have 100K songs. so many dupes. Id love to cut the dead weight and make the dbase more efficient using a tool in this program, as opposed to manually eyeballing and dumping.

EDIT: The more I think about it, maybe including some character string search funtionality, with wildcard allowances?