DATABASE EMPTY

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Ree

DATABASE EMPTY

Post by Ree »

Went to open up Siglos Programme and the whole database has disappeared.
Thousands of songs, hours, gone!!!
What would cause that to happen?
How does the backup work?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You should be able to find siglos.db file on your disc. If it is missing, Siglos creates weekly backups in Documents / My Karaoke folder.

But maybe the letter for the drive you had your database on changed and this is causing the problem?
Ree

Re: Your reply Piotr

Post by Ree »

Nope, haven't changed the letter for the drive. The disappearance has happened several times.

Sooooo.....to fix the problem and put the songs back into the database without having to re-import them again, how does one do that utilising the weekly back-up?? Can you please explain step by step as I am not computer savvy.

Wait your reply.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

In Documents / My Karaoke you will find zip files named "siglos-backup-20190218.zip". They are the weekly backup files, you need to unzip siglos.db from them and you are good to go.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

unzip the file into the folder My Karaoke that is where the database is at or should be at.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I have never had a database just disappear and I have been using the program for many many years If you are using an external hard drive the letter on them will change on their own if plugged into a different computer or even a different port sometimes. Open up my computer and find the drive your songs are on and then check the path that the program shows they should be on also I use a free program called search everything and it will find all songs and the path faster than you can type them in.