Adding new songs to database

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

kjben

Adding new songs to database

Post by kjben »

Would somebody be so kind as to post their procedure for adding new songs to their database? When using the drag and drop it seems to work but siglos cannot find the songs when validating. So the other alternative is to import songs from the hard drive... This takes me well over two hours for Siglos to go through my entire drive just to add 50 songs. There has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,
KJBen
adam

Post by adam »

Please see the following link for the detailed instruction:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/siglos ... _songs.htm

When using an external hdd for song storage, please make sure the drive letter does not change after it is reconnected.
kjben

Adding New Songs To Database

Post by kjben »

Thanks Adam....That is exactly what I am doing...with over 85,000 songs, every time I add 50 songs which is approx. once a month it takes well over two hours to update. I do use zip files... too much work to unzip and file this many songs. I guess I was just grasping for a better answer.

Thanks,
KJBen
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to disable "Read title/artist data from ID3 tags..." option in Import Songs dialog box.
kjben

Adding Songs

Post by kjben »

Ok, I will try that on my next update. Thanks Adam. I was hoping that other KJ's would weigh in and let me know their procedures.

KJBen
Demodave

Post by Demodave »

Here's what I do...

When selecting the directory for import, instead of selecting the directory containing your entire karaoke library, go directly to the directory where your new songs are and then import. The process should only take a few minutes.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i drag and drop, not sure what could be causing the issue with just that import method.
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

I wanted to know if this new version was that slow importing songs so I loaded an old backup copy and deleted it and imported it back using import function and use ID tags selected, it loaded about 12000 songs in 30 minutes, this is an older dell 2.0gb with 3 gb ram which I'm sure is quite slower than a lot of you are using, but a little better than 50 songs in two hours.