Words not painting on screen quickly enough

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

lujan

Words not painting on screen quickly enough

Post by lujan »

I've had this issue for a while now where the words don't paint on the screen early enough or fast enough to see them before singing. I've added "Clear Screen" but it's still now showing up early enough. Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe using "..." prior to the words, etc.?
Patrice

Re: Words not painting on screen quickly enough

Post by Patrice »

lujan wrote:I've had this issue for a while now where the words don't paint on the screen early enough or fast enough to see them before singing. I've added "Clear Screen" but it's still now showing up early enough. Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe using "..." prior to the words, etc.?
I know what you mean, anyone know a way to adjust so we get more time to see the words?
Last edited by Patrice on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
adam

Post by adam »

Are you referring to beginning of a song? The best solution is to add silence at the beginning of a soundtrack, so there is time for words to be painted.

Post by Guest »

No, for me it's within the song and not so much at the beginning of the song.
adam

Post by adam »

Please try to disable text effects. Also I recommend to use "Overwrite" for Display Mode as it is the fastest.

Post by Guest »

adam wrote:Please try to disable text effects. Also I recommend to use "Overwrite" for Display Mode as it is the fastest.
"Overwrite" for Display Mode works for me. Never used text effects.
DavidHunter

Post by DavidHunter »

luijan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2437 4:48 pm I've had this issue for a while now where the words don't paint on the screen early enough or fast enough to see them before singing. I've added "Clear Screen" but it's still now showing up early enough. Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe using "..." prior to the words, etc.?
Go close to digital art or a TV screen and you’ll see a mess of distortion and artifacts.
watsson

Post by watsson »

I have also faced the same problem.
watsson

Post by watsson »

Can anyone suggest me a good idea?
adam

Post by adam »

Maybe the lyrics start too quickly? If so, please add silence at the beginning of the soundtrack file, so to give them more time to paint.
Salido

Post by Salido »

Does adding silence at the beginning mess with the flow later on somehow, Adam?
adam

Post by adam »

You may use "Shift labels" command in Edit menu to adjust lyrics after the silence is added.
cdakaraoke

Post by cdakaraoke »

I found that if you go page by page you have to have a little space between the last word of the paragraph and the first word of the next one meaning you can't have the last word hold it's note. Overwrite works without this issue. I have moved the last work of a paragraph up a little to make space between paragraphs to get a jump on the next paragraph. It takes a little patience but it comes out pretty good. I assume you guys are talking about karaoke creation software.

jerry
Jeremysnana

Post by Jeremysnana »

Under Edit, choose Shift Labels. In the menu that comes up choose Offset, then -100, as many times as needed to highlight the words sooner. It may take several like -1000 to get it where you want it. Everyones keyboard touch is different. I usually test it at -500, then check it to see if it's enough.