How to burn CDG and MP3 Karaoke files

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Buschbarber

How to burn CDG and MP3 Karaoke files

Post by Buschbarber »

I love Karaoke, but the DJ who plays the music where we gather to sing does not have a wide enough selection of Karaoke titles. I want to create my own custom compilation disks. I have paid for and downloaded a number of Karaoke tunes in the CDG and MP3 format and burned them to both DVD-R and CD-R. They play on my Windows 10 PC but will not play on the DJ's Karaoke machine.

I am willing to buy the software I need to burn these files to CD or DVD, but why won't the existing files I have burned play on the Karaoke machine?
adam

Post by adam »

Please download and try out our Power CD+G Burner 2:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgburner.php
Buschbarber

Post by Buschbarber »

I downloaded and installed Power CD+G Burner 2. I see that it creates tracks with filenames ending in .cda. Is this the only format a Karaoke machine can read? My DJ's Karaoke machine could not play .bin or .cdg and .mp3. I won't see him until Saturday so I need to know ahead of time whether or not he can read the disks burned by Power CD+G.
adam

Post by adam »

Any regular karaoke machine should play such discs. You may test if discs are burned properly using a demo version of Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder 2.
Buschbarber

Post by Buschbarber »

The owner of the bar where I go to sing Karaoke has a Karaoke machine and a PC. He has a library of what looks like 25" CD's and a book with Index numbers for songs. He also has music on his PC.

Because he does not have many of the songs I like, I download CDG+MP3 files and burn them to CD's. They play OK on the Siglos Karaoke player software, but the DJ in the bar has problems with my CD's and says that no matter which track he selects, his machine jumps back to Track 1.

Any suggestions?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You may try using different CD-R media -- some older karaoke machines have problems reading them.

You may also check if the karaoke machine plays video files and then create DVD with your karaoke songs.
edwardcox

Re: How to burn CDG and MP3 Karaoke files

Post by edwardcox »

In оrdеr to burn thе CDG fіlеѕ (MP3+CDG) thаt уоu hаvе dоwnlоаdеd оn Kаrаоkе Vеrѕіоn, you must first ensure уоur CD burner is +G compliant. Yоu саn figure thаt out with dedicated burnіng ѕоftwаrе like Nеrо.

Thіѕ detail is іmроrtаnt, all CD burnеrѕ аrе nоt compatible with thіѕ ѕtаndаrd.

Mоvе аll your CDG аnd MP3 fіlеѕ (whісh have bееn uncompressed fіrѕt) in the same fоldеr, each CDG having its twin MP3 fіlе wіth the same fіlеnаmе.

Tо burn CDѕ that'll рlау оn kаrаоkе mасhіnеѕ, уоu will nееd specific software thаt can encode the files into a fоrmаt that іѕ соmраtіblе with уоur kаrаоkе mасhіnе, thе most famous bеіng Power CD+G Burnеr.

Thе rеѕt is ԛuіtе ѕіmрlе: simply add уоur fіlеѕ in thе арр you'll bе uѕіng, and ѕtаrt burning thе CD. Nоtе : WMV and MP4 fіlеѕ аrе muсh mоrе flеxіblе аnd еаѕу tо uѕе whеn it соmеѕ to burnіng. Thеу саn bе burned onto CD/DVDѕ thаt can bе read оn mоѕt CD/DVD рlауеrѕ. Thеу аlѕо оffеr hіghеr ԛuаlіtу bасkgrоundѕ аnd ѕmооthеr trаnѕіtіоnѕ. To know more about visit it history you can visit karaokechamps.com/history-of-music/