Extending to secondary monitor

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

finewine033

Extending to secondary monitor

Post by finewine033 »

I can only move the Singer Preview Screen to the monitor for the singer. It works, but if I enter a new song while someone is singing, the lyrics freeze. Also, the sweep it not continuous, but sweeps in blocks of characters. How do I fix this?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

What program are you using? If you are using Karaoke Pro use this procedure:

Once you connect your singer's monitor to your PC, you will need to set your display to extend. You can normally use one of your F keys to set your display. Once this is done, launch Karaoke Pro and go to settings then click on the display icon. At the top, you will see the display section. In this section, you will need to check the "use secondary monitor" and “start in full screen mode” box. To the right of the use secondary monitor there is a drop down menu. Click on the arrow and select your second monitor. Click apply and ok and you should be good to go. When you toggle to full screen, your singer's monitor will display the karaoke lyrics correctly.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

This is exactly what I do all the time but with .49 I get the singers display on the secondary monitor only about 1/4 size of the screen showing in the upper left-hand corner as stated in another post I did get it to work one time and checked all settings shut it down and restarted and it reverted right back to the small display so I know it will work right but how to get it there I have no idea work different setting for over an hour nothing. Oh the desktop itself is full screen just the program display is small. tells me something in the program is not right I did try resetting Registers to default made no difference
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dana, try double clicking on the singer's display to see if it will go full screen.

Also, please check if the "Use Secondary Monitor" and the "Start In Full Screen Mode" boxes are checked. In the drop down menu that is just to the right make sure that "2: Generic Pnp Monitor" is selected. If you do not see this selection it means that SKP is not detecting the singer's monitor. If this is the case you will need to set the display to extend. If there is a 2: Generic PnP Monitor selection available select it and restart SKP. After SKP restarts check the settings to make sure the 2: Generic PnP Monitor is still selected. Let us know if this works or not.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Yes to all tried checking and unchecking and rechecking each and every one separately and together. Same setting as was check on the last version and on my other computer. I fired them both up and checked them to make sure they were the same. Like I said all I have to do is turn off the rotation Add singer screen and it works ok then turn the add singer rotation screen back on and everything is fine
DFT

Re: Extending to secondary monitor

Post by DFT »

Resurrecting this thread.

My secondary screen was working flawlessly for the first couple of months then inexplicably one night it failed to appear. I had not made any changes to the options or otherwise to my computer.

I went through all the documented Troubleshooting and checked my options to make sure they complied.

I have not found a way to reset. I've dragged the small lyric screen on the primary window to the secndary monitor and expanded it so I can operate, but now I can no longer follow the lyrics from he host GUI on the primary screen.

I do get a message when I boot asking me about whether or not I want to revert a window to my primary screen (if I understand, the window I've previously dragged to the 2ndary monitor), but if I do so, I still am not getting the window opening on my secondary monitor.

Any help would be appreciated.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DFT, have you tried resetting KP to default using the reset script. As I've mentioned to other users, the reset script often times will get rid of any karaoke demons that have crept into the program. However, please ensure that you save your settings prior to resetting KP.

Btw to save your settings go to settings (the button with the gear looking icon) then click on the tools drop down menu (bottom right corner) click on save settings (save to somewhere easy to find like on the desktop).

To use the Karaoke Pro's default script go to http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg and save the file. Double click on the file to run it. Running this script will reset KP to its default settings.

After running this script use your saved settings file to put KP back to your settings by following the first instructions above, but instead of selecting save settings you will use load settings.

Let us know if this cleared your problem.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and get back.
DFT

Post by DFT »

No luck! And the 'script' did not restore everything ... I had to reconfigure my filler music paths.

I saw that the program recognized a second monitor (as there was both a #1 and a #2 monitor choice in the drop down menu on the options page), but selecting it made no difference.

Should I just do a reinstall?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Give it a shot DFT
cdakaraoke

Post by cdakaraoke »

I have had to change the size of the secondary monitor in windows display settings for smaller numbers to get it to full screen. The problem is that windows updates will change it, and different monitors will reset this too. I use an hdmi to av converter now which makes connections constant. The output is a composite video and I get my audio from it too which goes to my mixer. Always connect everything before booting up once you have everything set.
johnschwei

Post by johnschwei »

I'm able to drag the singers screen to the extended display and worked for the one night I tried it. Bothers me that I can't go into display settings and make the the correct selections and have it extend. Seems like only a few of us have this problem.
jenniechase

Post by jenniechase »

I have also extended towards the secondary monitor as it was difficult for me to work when I do for the lyrics so it was very difficult for me to choose the monitor as they were much expensive then I use to get the best choice and now it is working fine. This is a personal suggestion do not waste your time fixing the old one it would be better if you get the new one at cheap rates.