Adding a singer distrupts current singers song.

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

rjzim12375

Adding a singer distrupts current singers song.

Post by rjzim12375 »

If a singer is singing a karaoke track. When i open up the add singer window and add a song it temporarily freezes the playback of the song playing.
hornet59

Re: Adding a singer distrupts current singers song.

Post by hornet59 »

How much RAM do you have installed? I have seen where inadequate RAM causes this type of freeze up.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Also is it with CD+G or videos? You may try disabling background animations for CD+G to improve performance.
rjzim12375

Post by rjzim12375 »

hornet59 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 pm How much RAM do you have installed? I have seen where inadequate RAM causes this type of freeze up.
8 gigabytes of ram. On a computer that i just purchased last week. My old computer had 4. So i decided to upgrade thinking maybe that was the problem. Ive been running this software for years on the old computer and it use to be fine. It just started behaving this way within the last 6 months.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

so this happened on your old computer AND the new one?
that's definitely odd.
let's try a few things, do this with task manager open and set to show cpu usage from highest to lowest. Siglos SHOULD be at the top while doing this, but this will let you see if Siglos spikes to high (over 30% usage) while opening the add singer dialog.

1) try opening Siglos as administrator, see if anything changes
2) if you have an antivirus running (besides windows defender), disable it and try again.
3) make sure you are using the enhanced renderer in Siglos display settings
4) don't forget to disable the graphics upgrades as Piotr suggested

this is not intended be a final solution, but a way for us to pinpoint where the problem is to find a final solution.

as Piotr asked, is this with CDG, MP4, or both?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

rjzim12375 are you still experiencing the same problem?
rjzim123again

Post by rjzim123again »

Still having issues. While I select a song in the add singer screen. It still causes a delay in playing the current singers song. I have 8g ram, and I even increased the paging file on my hard drive. Also my secondary screen display keeps resizing after playback of a song. and I have to keep adjusting it as I start a new song. Very frustrating. Been using this software for probably 9 years now and have never had these type of ongoing issues.