Fill in music doesn't start automatically

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

StepUP

Fill in music doesn't start automatically

Post by StepUP »

I recently purchased the software. I'm sure it's a simple setting that I haven't found yet, but I currently have to click the button at the bottom of the rotation screen to cause the fill in music to begin. I'd prefer for it to start automatically.
adam

Re: Fill in music doesn't start automatically

Post by adam »

Please make sure "Initiate fill-in playback on program start" option is enabled in File -> Settings -> KJ.
SteUP

Post by SteUP »

Yes, that is selected and it does work when I start the program. Then I click "Start," and a karaoke song plays. But when it is done, I have to click the button in the bottom left of the Rotation window to start the fill-in music.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

the button that says "Go To Next"?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

The buttons on the bottom left of the rotation window has nothing to do with the fill-in music. Have you ever tried using the reset script? It sometimes clear the little karaoke goblins that happen to affect the program. But don't forget to save your settings first.
StepUP

Post by StepUP »

Yes, I was referring to the "Go to Next" button. I wasn't clear about whether (at the time I was referring to it) it said that or "Play."

At one point this button would advance to the fill-in music (on first click) then play the next karaoke track on a subsequent click. Now it only advances to the next karaoke track and plays it, with no fill-in music.

I'm not clear how to run this "reset script." I'm also not clear how to save my settings yet.
StepUP

Post by StepUP »

The answer seems obvious, now that I've found it. What was required was that I uncheck the box for "Pause between songs." I guess you guys weren't anticipating just how uninformed a newbie might be. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.
StepUP

Post by StepUP »

Oh, and my issue with no fill-in music was because the fill-in list had mysteriously become empty.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

At least you were able to fix your problem.

Btw to save your settings go to settings (the button with the gear looking icon) then click on the tools drop down menu (bottom right corner) click on save settings (save to somewhere easy to find like on the desktop).

To use the Karaoke Pro's default script go to http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg and save the file. Double click on the file to run it. Running this script will reset KP to its default settings.

After running this script use your saved settings file to put KP back to your settings by following the first instructions above, but instead of selecting save settings you will use load settings.
Slytak

Fill in music doesnt start automatically

Post by Slytak »

so that they should not open the same task again to fill the work hour