Fading long outros

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Fading long outros

Post by DFT »

A fair amount of songs have long outros that disrupt the flow of the show. A previous program I used had a 'Fade Out and End' button so that I could shorten the outro.

Is there anything like this in SKP? I find trying to mouse the volume in the player, then pulling the song position to the right to the end and moving the tiny volume fader back to original position a complete PITA.

Thanks for any suggestions.
hornet59

Re: Fading long outros

Post by hornet59 »

Hi DFT

To end a song with a long outro you will have to do it manually. First go to your settings then click on "General" on the left side. Set the crossfade time to whatever you want, I personally use 4 seconds. When you want to end the long outro, while the song is still playing click on "Go To Next" on the rotation screen and the song will fade out according to your crossfade time setting. If you have "Go To Next Starts The Song" checked on the rotation screen, the song will fade out then play the next singer's song. If you are manually controlling the rotation ensure that this box is unchecked. Hope this helps!
DFT

Post by DFT »

Much appreciated!
DFT

Post by DFT »

I haven't found an 'edit' link yet ... so I need continue in another reply.

So, the process you explained won't work to simply end the outro on the karaoke and then start a new filler song?
DFT

Post by DFT »

Never mind!

Sorry to spam my own thread ... I got it
johnnydel

Post by johnnydel »

Like ones on youtube