Annoucement Screen Turned Black in SKP?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Annoucement Screen Turned Black in SKP?

Post by DFT »

I feel like I must have become the poster child for SKP problems ... as I am the original poster of most of the recent issues.

One more.

All of a sudden, for no apparent reason, last night at my show my (I think this is the right name) 'Singer Announcement' window went black. Rebooting did not change the behavior.

At the same time (thankfully!) the karaoke lyric screen continues to function normally.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you.

DFT
DFT

Re: Annoucement Screen Turned Black in SKP?

Post by DFT »

In the 'for what it's worth' category:

1. Visualizations still seem to work on the Singer screen ... although they don't show up on the little lyrics screen that you can toggle on and off from the rotation window.
2. When I go to the 'Edit Announcement' screen it shows my missing announcement with all the previous parameter adjustments.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

Did you try resetting SKP to default? Here is the link to the default reg. Download it, double click on it and let it do its business.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg

This reg will reset SKP to the original settings. Sometimes the karaoke gremlin can creep in to the program and this reg, most of the time will clear things up. Don't forget to save your settings so you can set SKP back to the way you had it set up. Let us know if it helps!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

DFT wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:27 am All of a sudden, for no apparent reason, last night at my show my (I think this is the right name) 'Singer Announcement' window went black. Rebooting did not change the behavior.

Can you please email me your logfile and the database to [email protected]? You may use https://wetransfer.com/ for the database.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Hi ...

I thought I'd already responded to this ... sorry.

It was apparent user error (big surprise!). This has happened to me repeatedly ... just not with the 'Announcement Screen.' While mousing around I apparently unchecked the box in the 'Options' check boxes.

At any rate, it seems that I frequently have those options change when I certainly didn't mean to change them. The next night after I dealt with the 'Black Screen' for announcemnts, I had the 'Automatic' option suddenly come on in the Rotation Options.

Now that I've observed this several times, I can usually quickly recover by resetting these options.

I still don't understand why it keeps happening. I've wondered if it is possible that when I am clicking something on the 'Add Singer/ Song' window it somehow is clicking through to the rotation window that is sitting in the background (that is, when I open 'Add Singer/ Song' it covers the Rotation window when opened.

I wish there was a setting somewhere to lock these rotation window options so they can't be inadvertently changed.

Thanks for helping me.