How do I adjust my settings so that Singer's key/ pitch adjustments are saved in their history?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

Re: How do I adjust my settings so that Singer's key/ pitch adjustments are saved in their history?

Post by DFT »

cdakaraoke wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:47 pm If I have a singer that changes their key at the start or middle of the song, while they are singing you can add the same song with the new key in the rotation, move it up to the top while it is playing, delete the one with the wrong key and it will save the new key once the song is finished or you hit go to next song. Yes a window will pop up asking if you really want to add the same song..

jerry
Thanks, Jerry ...

I've discovered this, too.

But I'd still like the convenience to see the saved key/ pitch in the Singer's 'Song List.'

Along with the obvious Artist, Title, and Disc (ID) and the marginally useful Track, you can already display three things or no use to me and puzzling use to others: Last sung, Playing time and Format.

I'd much rather have saved Key/ Pitch and Tempo displayed than the last 3 ... though of course I wouldn't mind them being there since you can choose what fields you want displayed as long as the two useful to me were also available for display.

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler and more logical to simply highlight a song in the list and then go up to the Key or Tempo areas of the 'Add Singer/ Song ...' window to update/ change something?
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: How do I adjust my settings so that Singer's key/ pitch adjustments are saved in their history?

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

DFT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:34 pm
Along with the obvious Artist, Title, and Disc (ID) and the marginally useful Track, you can already display three things or no use to me and puzzling use to others: Last sung, Playing time and Format.
last sung is GREAT for helping people not sing the same songs over and over again. "you just did that last week...but you have not done this song since 2013".
i have MANY people who ask me to pick something they have not done in years, sorting by "last sung" is perfect.
playing time is nice for picking songs that fill a certain time, or finishing a night.
singer wants to change their song from a 3 minute song to a 7 minute song?...no way.
from a 6 minute song to a 3 minute song...oh yeah.
format i use all the time. some songs i have versions in mp3+g and mp4.
mp4 takes longer to load, does not detect silence, and can not have the background changed to my custom backgrounds.
knowing this ahead of time makes it easier to pick the version i want to play.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:50 am
DFT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:34 pm
last sung is GREAT for helping people not sing the same songs over and over again. "you just did that last week...but you have not done this song since 2013".
i have MANY people who ask me to pick something they have not done in years, sorting by "last sung" is perfect.
playing time is nice for picking songs that fill a certain time, or finishing a night.
singer wants to change their song from a 3 minute song to a 7 minute song?...no way.
from a 6 minute song to a 3 minute song...oh yeah.
format i use all the time. some songs i have versions in mp3+g and mp4.
mp4 takes longer to load, does not detect silence, and can not have the background changed to my custom backgrounds.
knowing this ahead of time makes it easier to pick the version i want to play.
Paradigm ...

Thanks for explaining your uses of those parameters. I am 'unpuzzled' as to what uses others make of them. But I still don't see them being of that much use to me in my show flow ... at least primarily because I operate in a tourist venue where return singers are a small minority and I only have a dozen or so MP4s out of thousands of MP3s.

More important to me would be your opinion of the addition of Key/ Pitch and Tempo to those options; and, your thoughts on my suggested uses of them in the 'Add Singer/ Song ...' window in conjunction with the Key and Tempo controls there. :)

DFT
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i agree on adding key and tempo to the available columns.
this is one of the things i love about SKP...the ability to turn things on and off as we need.
nothing is "must be there", everything is available but up to our discretion.
you want it...show it.
don't want it...don't show it.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Hi Paradigm ...

I tried to PM you through the forum ... but although I got to the page, there was no link or active section where it captioned 'Contact.' Perhaps you've blocked this?

Anyway, I'd like to know if you believe the developer will incorporate Pitch/ Key and Tempo in due course ... or if there needs to be a ground swell of support on the Feature Suggestion forum for this to happen?

Thanks.

DFT
ReinersKaraoke

Post by ReinersKaraoke »

Close to despair :wink:
when I add a singer from history, the key change disappears. So I set the key change in the playlist, double click on the entry and start, everything fits. The next time the same game, the change of the key is gone. Where do I make my mistake? I have regular singers who sing their songs over and over again. These regular singers select their songs in Kiosk mode. The set key should work here as well.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Do you have PINs enabled for the remote request?
anveshj

Post by anveshj »

So, can autotune be used live? Singers are able to autotune their voice during a live performance, either to subtly correct their pitch or for stylistic purposes. Live autotune is usually controlled by either a rack mount or a foot pedal then turned off in-between songs.
adam

Post by adam »

I'm sorry, but currently there is no such feature in the program.