MONO Setting for Playback?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DFT

MONO Setting for Playback?

Post by DFT »

Hi ... is there a mono setting for playback?

Most of my files are stereo, but that doesn't mean much in the places that I host due to acoustics.

I'd like to be able to have the player convert to mono so I can use my main outs for two mono settings instead of stereo.

Can this be done?
hornet59

Re: MONO Setting for Playback?

Post by hornet59 »

DFT

SKP does not convert stereo output to mono. You can normally do this with your mixer or if your mixer does not have this feature you can achieve the stereo to mono conversion using a third party equipment like a combiner.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Radial-Eng ... r-Mixer.gc

Hope this is what you're looking for to add to your setup.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

In the window with playback controls and volume sliders there is a slider 'Multiplex control'. It allows to play one channel only, so basically it will give you one channel output in both channels if you slide it 100% to the left or to the right.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Piotr wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:53 am In the window with playback controls and volume sliders there is a slider 'Multiplex control'. It allows to play one channel only, so basically it will give you one channel output in both channels if you slide it 100% to the left or to the right.
Thank you. But this would be one channel or the other, not both channels combined and then routed mono to both sides of the player's output, correct?
DFT

Post by DFT »

hornet59 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm DFT

SKP does not convert stereo output to mono. You can normally do this with your mixer or if your mixer does not have this feature you can achieve the stereo to mono conversion using a third party equipment like a combiner

Hope this is what you're looking for to add to your setup.
Hornet ...

Thanks again! You are a very helpful person. :)

This is unfortunate. It would be a useful feature and I know other karaoke programs incorporate it.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

mono output is fairly simple, take left output to one channel, right to the next channel. then just assign the outputs to a subgroup instead of main.
DFT

Post by DFT »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:08 pm mono output is fairly simple, take left output to one channel, right to the next channel. then just assign the outputs to a subgroup instead of main.
Thanks for the tip ... but my mixer is my interface connected USB from my laptop and running into a stereo channel on the mixer. There is no easy way to patch from it. I only have two auxes and I already use them for a monitor feed for the singer. One aux carries all the mics and the other the music. That way I can individually adjust the song volume vs. singer volume from those aux faders to give both loud and soft singers a decent monitor mix.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I will say that I've been very happy with the program stability ... not a single crash in approximately 50 shows! But not having a choice of mono in the player eats up outputs that I 'd really like to be able to use for additional speakers.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

DFT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 pm
Paradigm Karaoke wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:08 pm mono output is fairly simple, take left output to one channel, right to the next channel. then just assign the outputs to a subgroup instead of main.
Thanks for the tip ... but my mixer is my interface connected USB from my laptop and running into a stereo channel on the mixer. There is no easy way to patch from it. I only have two auxes and I already use them for a monitor feed for the singer. One aux carries all the mics and the other the music. That way I can individually adjust the song volume vs. singer volume from those aux faders to give both loud and soft singers a decent monitor mix.
not following you here, aux sends are not part of this. subgroups are what i'm referring to. your auxes will be unaffected.
DFT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 pmI don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I will say that I've been very happy with the program stability ... not a single crash in approximately 50 shows! But not having a choice of mono in the player eats up outputs that I 'd really like to be able to use for additional speakers.
no outputs used in this scenario. no change in speakers either. i'm not following why you would lose auxes or outputs. only 1 extra channel input will be used.