how to connect a different computer as a kiosk

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Coco62

how to connect a different computer as a kiosk

Post by Coco62 »

I know that this is probably a very basic question, but I'm old and very basic when it comes to computers. I want to use a seperate computer to use as a kiosk that singers can enter their songs directly into my karaoke computers que. I can use an ethernet cable, but I just don't know how to do it. Anyone want to help me out?
hornet59

Re: how to connect a different computer as a kiosk

Post by hornet59 »

Hi Coco62 welcome to Power Karaoke's forum

It will be much easier to use a wireless router than an Ethernet cable. Using the router will not limit you to a specific distance from your KJ's computer and you can even have your singers send you requests from their smart phones. When using a wireless router all you have to do is give everyone the wireless password to log into your router.

After starting Karaoke Pro click on the remote que icon (cell phone looking button) on the bottom right of the rotation screen. This will open up the remote que window. Click on the settings button, which will open the remote que settings pop up. Highlight local network on the left side. Note the client URL. Tell your singers to open a web browser on their phone and enter the client url in their web address. If you're setting up a remote kiosk enter this number in your kiosk's web browser as well.

From this point, your singers can search for songs by using the title or artists' name. When they send you their request it will populate on the remote que window, so always keep it open. You can then enter it manually as you've done in the past or set the remote que to enter it into the rotation automatically. I personally like to enter it manually, but that's entirely up to you how you want to run KP. Hope this cleared this up for you. Let us know if you have more questions.
Coco62

Post by Coco62 »

That is true, but unfortunately it isn't working very well. We kept getting booted off. We thought we'd give the other way a try. Can it be done?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

what do you mean exactly by "getting booted off"?
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

It's possible that the router only has a certain number of spots that people can sign in to and when it reaches that point it kicks someone off of the wifi system. It's the reason that I prefer to run online to the internet so my singers don't have to connect to my wifi and use their own phone data. Most phone plans offer free data now.