Disk not recognized by player

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Gary K

Disk not recognized by player

Post by Gary K »

I just bought a used Vocopro Gig Man for a friend as a birthday present. I own 2 units of my own (one Michigan - one at house Florida), one virtually identical to the Gig Man (little newer version, just bought last Winter) and a larger, but very similar version by Audio2000. When I burn a disk, it plays fine on both my units - and on most (but not all) places where I go to sing. With this used Vocopro, it won't even recognize the disk is in the unit (actually it did once - but couldn't get it to do it again no matter what I try) - gives me the message "no Disk". However if I put in a commercial CD+G disk or a computer burnt CD disk, it play those fine. I called Vocopro tech - no real ideas - just said my burnt disks probably weren't the quality of the commercial ones - I'd take that as an explanation, but the disks play fine on two virtually identically machines. And it's not that it recognizes the disks but won't play them right, it just gives message there is no disk in unit. I did take some compressed air and blow out the disk load area in case it was dusty - no help.
Any ideas? Is there something I might be able to change in my burning process that might help?
adam

Re: Disk not recognized by player

Post by adam »

You may try to change a brand of CD-R media you are using.