Adjust Lyrics Displaying Time Power Video Creator

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

zoomkaraoke

Adjust Lyrics Displaying Time Power Video Creator

Post by zoomkaraoke »

Is there a way to adjust the time that lyrics appear on the screen before wiping?

Sometimes who pages of lyrics load that are not due to be sung for quite a while and you can get a bit lost on which is your next line to sing.

So, for example, if I wanted the lyrics not to appear until at least 3 seconds before the are swiped, am I able to adjust that setting anywhere?
adam

Re: Adjust Lyrics Displaying Time Power Video Creator

Post by adam »

Do you refer to Karaoke Video Creator? In general you may control how lyrics are displayed with synchronization, and events:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/help/karaok ... events.htm

If you have a problem for a particular song, you may e-mail a PK2 file you are working on to [email protected], and we will try to find the best solution for it
zoomkaraoke

Post by zoomkaraoke »

I am talking about Power Video Creator, yes.

In Karaoke Builder Studio there is a setting where you can choose how early you want the lyric lines to appear on the screen before they are highlighted. This prevents having a full screen of lyrics that may not actually be getting sung for another 40 seconds. Obviously this is a MAXIMUM time, not a MINIMUM time as for fast songs it may not be possible to have the forthcoming lines displayed that early.

So, there must be a default setting in Power Video Creator (even if the setting cannot be seen or adjusted by the end user) - can it be adjusted?

I am finding that the forthcoming lines appear on the screen too early. Here is an example of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz9mH6Jh8Pw

At 25 seconds into the song after the line "ALONG CAME THIS SONG" has been sung, there is a whole page of lyrics with nothing highlighted. It is now not obvious which is the next line to be sung because there are 6 lines of text and logic would suggest that you start at Line 1 but actually the next line to be sung is Line 6. So the singer needs to consciously remember where they are.

What I want to happen is that the forthcoming lines of lyrics do not appear so early and there should be a default setting (like there is in Karaoke Builder Studio) which determines this.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am checking if this is easily done. I am not sure why it works in the manner it does, but there must have been a reason behind it. Will post back.
zoomkaraoke

Post by zoomkaraoke »

Yes, I think we could do with a setting to adjust this.

Another example: today I created a split screen duet but the second singer doesn't sing anything until over 1 minute into the song, yet their first lyric line appears immediately at the start of the song.

It would be much better if their lyrics only appeared maybe 3 seconds before they are due to be sung, rather than right at the start of the song.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This version allows to adjust how soon lines are displayed. It is a setting 'Display new lines in overwrite not earlier than...' on Display tab. Please let me know if this works for you

https://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/2 ... -setup.exe

Also I have emailed you with a follow-up, please let me know if you have not received it.
zoomkaraoke

Post by zoomkaraoke »

Thanks for your excellent customer service. I am testing the new version now.