.kar conversion creates silent .WAV file

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

troymcclure

.kar conversion creates silent .WAV file

Post by troymcclure »

I tried using trial version to convert a .kar file to .cdg and .bin. The lyrics work in the powerkaraoke player, but no sound. When I open the .wav file with cooledit, it is just a straight line for the length of the file. Using windows XP Pro.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

To use MIDI import you need to set the input and output settings of your soundcard. Some soundcards do not follow the Windows Mixer specifications correctly and therefore volume slider and automatic setting is not possible in PowerKaraoke. You have to do the following: run MIDI Import Wizard in PowerKaraoke and when you reach the second dialog box (Render), open Windows mixer (double click on the speaker icon near the clock on the task bar), select Options/Properties and choose Recording. Now you need to select MIDI as an input (if MIDI is not visible here make sure it is checked on the Option/Properties dialog box). Then return to PowerKaraoke and proceed with the convertion.

Unfortunately some soundcards do not allow MIDI to WAV recording. The solution might be wire-loop to link the output of the soundcard to the input. It should not degrade the sound, but it is the last resort.
sizisongs

no sound also

Post by sizisongs »

hi there...just downloaded and trying this program...have CDRwin and KPro, but thought i would give this a try, especially since it is supposed to batch kar. that saves loads of work.
here's the problem, i followed the instructions using the wizard and my sound card settings (no midi shows up there). odd though since i have Roland Sound Canvas and have been converting midi to wave using it for a few weeks, seamlessly. this software also told me my direct X was not updated (wrong again).
also, i have been "kicked" out of the program several times, never even getting to look around much to try to solve any problems on my own.
frustrated but not upset.......
suzisongs
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I am afraid you need to configure your MIDI recording by hand. You need to make sure Sound Canvas is used a s a recording source -- you may do this using Sound Mixer (click on 'Open Mixer' button in MIDI Karaoke Import Wizard and adjust settings as necessary). The recording level should become alive so you can adjust recording level.

I am a little surprised to hear that the software crashes -- what system are you using? Can you determine which command or action is causing the problem?
sizisongs

sound

Post by sizisongs »

i followed your instructions. am not given a choice for midi.
i am running XP on a Sony RX550.
will probably uninstall demo. was worth a try
thanks anyway.
suzisongs