Cant get connectkaraoke to work

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

lobomike61

Cant get connectkaraoke to work

Post by lobomike61 »

I am trying to use the remote songbook and singer cue feature. I have logged into register on connectkaraoke.com but it gives a message that the Siglos is not running. However, I have the system running on the same computer thaat I am trying to create teh conncetkaraoke.com connection. I have tried to get my friends to sign on with their phones and it says the the show is not running. What am I doing wrong?
DannyGsKaraoke

Re: Cant get connectkaraoke to work

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Is the check box on the settings in the internet section checked. If not click on that and that should activate it.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Make sure that you have entered the API key correctly. Also there is 'Test connection' button in Internet settings of Remote Queue.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

Thank you for the help. I did not know where the remote que button was to get this started. How do I choose which of the duplicate songs will go to the singer rotation list? I have that enabled in the remote settings, but it just shows there are duplicates, it does not let me choose which one to play.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

I have everything set up and it is running well. I just can't get it to let me choose the best track out of the duplicates. How do you do that?
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

lobomike61 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:43 pm I have everything set up and it is running well. I just can't get it to let me choose the best track out of the duplicates. How do you do that?
Under general settings uncheck merge duplicates.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

DannyGsKaraoke wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:13 pm
lobomike61 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:43 pm I have everything set up and it is running well. I just can't get it to let me choose the best track out of the duplicates. How do you do that?
Under general settings uncheck merge duplicates.
I was hoping that was not the answer. I like the system only showing the one song title. Oh, well; can't have everything.
cdakaraoke

Post by cdakaraoke »

When you edit songs in the database you can unclick show song in remote and it just wont show up there.
lobomike61

Post by lobomike61 »

cdakaraoke wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:41 pm When you edit songs in the database you can unclick show song in remote and it just wont show up there.
So when someone chooses a song with duplicates, which version goes into the rotation? I would prefer to be able to put in sound choice or some other quality track rather than a Honky Cat track that is not true to the original song.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Unfortunately in the current version the first one from the database will be used. I will think of a way to fix this.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

The fix is to set it to not allow auto add to function if there's duplicates.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Piotr wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:45 am Unfortunately in the current version the first one from the database will be used. I will think of a way to fix this.
could it be set to use an if/then scenario?
since it already knows if there are duplicates...
if there are duplicates, then show a pop-up with the available versions to pick from?
a quicker alternative for a fast "right now" fix could be that when adding a song that has duplicates, have it open the ADD SINGER dialog and populate the artist and title fields automatically to show all versions available