Kiosk Mode Search Option

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

wsbwayne

Kiosk Mode Search Option

Post by wsbwayne »

Is there any way to ADD the search capability of "Disc Id" when in the Kiosk Mode on a phone, tablet, or laptop?
Piotr
Admin

Re: Kiosk Mode Search Option

Post by Piotr »

It is possible to make this optional, but would this be used by customers?
WayneB

Post by WayneB »

Yes. Myself and many of my "regulars" prefer a particular song from a particular manufacturers. For example, "Chattahoochee" by Alan Jackson. I have 17 versions but prefer only CB9003. Weeding through the other 16 is a bit bothersome.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

honest question...
how would anybody but a host know exactly what disc and track a particular song is?
WayneB

Post by WayneB »

I "inform" the singer of the Disc-ID of the "preferred" song version they want OR they can write it down themselves "once" they locate it. The "Disc-Id" data can be seen to the right of the Artist/Song.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

WayneB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:53 pm Yes. Myself and many of my "regulars" prefer a particular song from a particular manufacturers. For example, "Chattahoochee" by Alan Jackson. I have 17 versions but prefer only CB9003. Weeding through the other 16 is a bit bothersome.
If you only like the ChartBuster version, why don't you just remove the other 16 versions from your data base by using the Manage Song Database button? You can also remove all duplicates in the search feature by using the Remove Duplicates in the Remote Queue settings. If your customers want a particular version, tell them to put it in the notes when they submit their request. You'll have to do a manual search by manu then add their requested song into the rotation.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

Piotr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:52 am It is possible to make this optional, but would this be used by customers?
I cannot tell you how many of my customers understand the difference between the brands. Yes, they ask for songs and brand names. Rarely disk ID but some even ask for that.

Johnny B Goode is a good example. Sound Choice put it on many different sets. However, the correct words are only on 2-3 disks. So, when it comes to this song, I am very picky about which brand and disk is used and my customers are, too.

Paradise is another example where brand and disk number matter greatly.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

this goes back to an older feature request...maybe adding a check mark box to a preferred/priority version of a track. I've got over 100K tracks, but not 100K songs. At some point, I would like to go through my database and dump multiple dupes, but certainly a very tedious task. I would like some way or a 'tool' in the app to help with that task.
tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

assassin32 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:51 pm this goes back to an older feature request...maybe adding a check mark box to a preferred/priority version of a track. I've got over 100K tracks, but not 100K songs. At some point, I would like to go through my database and dump multiple dupes, but certainly a very tedious task. I would like some way or a 'tool' in the app to help with that task.
But even within the same brand, there are different versions of the same song - and they don't necessarily tell us which one it is. So, as I figure out which is which, I add the difference to the name of the song. I have close to 200,000 tracks. Like you, not necessarily 200k songs. But not all of those songs or versions are the same. They are in different keys, lengths, and sometimes even words. Not an easy task at all.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

tryingcake wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:27 am
assassin32 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:51 pm this goes back to an older feature request...maybe adding a check mark box to a preferred/priority version of a track. I've got over 100K tracks, but not 100K songs. At some point, I would like to go through my database and dump multiple dupes, but certainly a very tedious task. I would like some way or a 'tool' in the app to help with that task.
But even within the same brand, there are different versions of the same song [please do not post unlock codes] and they don't necessarily tell us which one it is. So, as I figure out which is which, I add the difference to the name of the song. I have close to 200,000 tracks. Like you, not necessarily 200k songs. But not all of those songs or versions are the same. They are in different keys, lengths, and sometimes even words. Not an easy task at all.
i am with you. I am wanting to dump a ton of song dupes. no point in keeping/saving them as far as I can see.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We hear you. I have moved this feature higher in the priority list.