Siglos Database

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

oleib

Siglos Database

Post by oleib »

Is possible to change drive reference for siglos database. I have 2 windows installed in same HD. When one system fail boot the other but the drive songs database change.

How fix this or assign the correct drive Letter?

Thanks...
adam

Post by adam »

The songs location has to remain unchanged for the database to work properly. When drive letter changes for the drive the songs are located on, you may try to move them to the other drive, so that the drive letter matches the original location.
mitd99

Drive letter

Post by mitd99 »

Does this mean I have to have siglos on my external drive and not my c drive?

Re: Drive letter

Post by Guest »

mitd99 wrote:Does this mean I have to have siglos on my external drive and not my c drive?
Not. In the same HD C: I install 2 windows: 1 install clear for karaoke, only karaoke programs, and other for work and install others programs.
adam

Post by adam »

The location where Siglos is installed does not matter. The default folder is recommended. What's important is where the song files are.
RyanMPLS

A suggestion

Post by RyanMPLS »

There are ways to mask the locations of folders/files so that a program or even the OS thinks that they are where you say they are. The easiest of this is the SUBST command to designate a folder as a drive letter.

The Siglos database is located in the user Document folder so as long as you copy it to the same location on the second OS and make sure that the song files are at the same path which you can modify with a SUBST command you can kinda do whatever you want.

RyanMPLS
fjallravn

Re: Siglos Database

Post by fjallravn »

Guys I have the same problem, did you solve it?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

fjallravn wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:52 am Guys I have the same problem, did you solve it?
fjallravn, did you check to make sure your drive letter where you have your songs didn't change. If you your songs is on an external drive and you did not assign the drive letter to the external, but happen to connect another drive prior to connecting your external with your songs the computer will assign the drive letter to the first external whether it be a flash or otherwise.
Last edited by hornet59 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watsson

Post by watsson »

I am also looking for the database.
watsson

Post by watsson »

It is really very informative.
watsson

Post by watsson »

Thanks a lot.