Lyrics Now Lag on Karaoke Pro

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Demodave

Lyrics Now Lag on Karaoke Pro

Post by Demodave »

On Karaoke Pro, after a couple years on the same system, I recently started having a problem. The lyrics seem to lag a bit. Then they will catch up by jumping ahead. Then they lag again....then they will jump ahead to catch up.

At first I thought it was my external drive; but I proved that the problem was not that.

Any ideas?
adam

Post by adam »

Are you using the latest version of the program?
jhakala

lag

Post by jhakala »

I have had to shut off extra stuff in karaoke pro like font modifying. I think microsoft operating systems get laggier as the updates keep coming. I am thinking of going back to xp stripped down so everything will run faster without having to add memory since my laptop is maxed out.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i had the same problem on Win7 64bit.
where do you have the frames per second set in settings > display?
for regular cdg 25fps is an absolute max needed.

windows does do that though, every update and service pack slows it down drastically.

i am again raising the Linux compatibility plea to the great mods..... :wink:
please................pretty please...............
Demodave

Post by Demodave »

I have not added or changed anything on this particular computer. Windows has done its updates of course; but Winamp is the only other program on this XP installation.

I have it set to 30 fps; but have tried much slower and much faster fps with no changes in the problem.

I am using the latest version of the program. Maybe my next step is to go back a few versions and see if the problem goes away.

A little more info: The music never lags or stutters. The preview window in Siglos shows the exact same lag that is happening on the TV displaying the lyrics. So that tells me that it is not my video driver. The scrolling message at the bottom of the screen never lags or hiccups. The rest of the computer seems to work flawlessly.

I will try an older version of Siglos; but otherwise, I am stumped.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

what windows are you using, how much ram, processor, and have you tried unclicking the drop shadow? that seemed to make the biggest difference.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Changing to 20 FPS should make things better. Also what are you using for background? Default slideshow?

As Paradigm Karaoke wrote -- please try disabling CD+G effects and see if situation improves.