Adding New Songs

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

siglos does not need zip folders to run correctly.

how i do mine is like a dj does his music....

karaoke folder > "A" > "ABBA" > "Dancing Queen (LG)" > then inside is the MP3 and CDG files not zipped.

i have a folder for each song within the artist folder marked with the version so i know my LG form SC etc, but i do not zip those folders at all. this way when i am adding songs if i get another Legends disc with "Dancing Queen" on it i know i don't need it and avoid dupes of the same manu, but if i get a Pocket Songs disc with "Dancing Queen" i know i need to keep it.

SC was really bad about putting one song on 10 different discs so getting SC dupes is easily avoided this way.

did this help?
kjben

Adding Songs

Post by kjben »

Paradigm,
I want to thank you for all your help...I've been busy extracting songs for the past three days and no end in sight. I do hope all this work will make my adding songs much quicker. Thanks again...
KJBen
hornet59

Re: Zipped vs unzipped files

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
loehrs1955 wrote:Hope you don't mind me joining your thread. All my 83,000+ files are zipped as well. I've had some problems with system crashes and VERY slow searches while running a show. Could the zipped file format be causing that or does it just slow the importing process when adding new files? Does zipping the files really save much hard-drive space?
your's just sounds like so many tracks that the search is an exclusive search. every letter you type it recatalogs to show only those entries containing those letters one at a time and with 83,000 songs that takes a while.
how long have you been doing this to have bought 83,000 songs????
6 years and i have 14,000

zipping saves space, but drive space is so inexpensive it is nit necessary, i just saw a 3TB for $99.99.
Didn't think you'd get an answer to your question :shock: :lol:
Paradigm Karaoke

had to throw it out there though Hornet
loehrs1955

Re: Zipped vs unzipped files

Post by loehrs1955 »

hornet59 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
loehrs1955 wrote:Hope you don't mind me joining your thread. All my 83,000+ files are zipped as well. I've had some problems with system crashes and VERY slow searches while running a show. Could the zipped file format be causing that or does it just slow the importing process when adding new files? Does zipping the files really save much hard-drive space?
your's just sounds like so many tracks that the search is an exclusive search. every letter you type it recatalogs to show only those entries containing those letters one at a time and with 83,000 songs that takes a while.
how long have you been doing this to have bought 83,000 songs????
6 years and i have 14,000

zipping saves space, but drive space is so inexpensive it is nit necessary, i just saw a 3TB for $99.99.
Didn't think you'd get an answer to your question :shock: :lol:
Sorry for no reply in a while. We're still recovering from Hurricane Sandy. Just got power back on Friday and internet/phone today. What a MESS but I feel sorry for others hit much harder than us.
To answer your question, I've invested in virtually all the manufacturers of Karaoke songs....Sound Choice, Chartbusters, DK, Sunfly, Pocket Songs, and many more. The 83,000 song count of course includes duplicates within a manufacturers offerings as well as songs duplicated from manufacturer to manufacturer. That would make the actual song count for distinctly different songs considerably lower.... I just haven't taken the time to determine what that number would be. Unfortunatley, each time I search for a song, I have to contend with all those duplicate titles.... fortunately, the "disc ID" helps me decide which version I want to use. To answer the question....I've been at this for almost 10 years.
conveyor01

Post by conveyor01 »

To begin with make sure you’ve got iTunes installed on your computer and have added music to your library. You can do this by ripping songs from CD, buying them at online stores like the iTunes Store, and other means.
Next, connect your iPod to your computer. If iTunes isn’t already open, it should open now. If you haven’t set up your iPod yet, iTunes will prompt you through the set up process.
After this is done, or if your iPod has already been set up, you’ll see the main iPod management screen. This screen shows a picture of your iPod and has a set of tabs across the top. The first tab is music. Click it.

In the Music tab, you’ll see a number of options:
Sync Entire Library does what it says: It syncs all the music in your iTunes library to your iPod.
Sync Selected playlists, artists, and genres allows you to choose what music goes on your iPod.
Include music videos syncs them to your iPod if you have any.
You can also select certain playlists, genres of music, or artists to sync to your iPod.
If you want more control over what songs get downloaded to your iPod, consider making a playlist and syncing just that playlist, or unchecking songs to prevent them from being downloaded to your iPod.

After you’ve changed settings and determined which songs you want to download, click the “Apply” button at the bottom right of the iTunes window. This will begin the downloading songs onto your iPod. How long it takes depends on how many songs you're downloading.

Once the syncing is complete, though, you will have successfully downloaded music onto your iPod.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

conveyor01 wrote:To begin with make sure you’ve got iTunes installed on your computer and have added music to your library. You can do this by ripping songs from CD, buying them at online stores like the iTunes Store, and other means.
Next, connect your iPod to your computer. If iTunes isn’t already open, it should open now. If you haven’t set up your iPod yet, iTunes will prompt you through the set up process.
After this is done, or if your iPod has already been set up, you’ll see the main iPod management screen. This screen shows a picture of your iPod and has a set of tabs across the top. The first tab is music. Click it.

In the Music tab, you’ll see a number of options:
Sync Entire Library does what it says: It syncs all the music in your iTunes library to your iPod.
Sync Selected playlists, artists, and genres allows you to choose what music goes on your iPod.
Include music videos syncs them to your iPod if you have any.
You can also select certain playlists, genres of music, or artists to sync to your iPod.
If you want more control over what songs get downloaded to your iPod, consider making a playlist and syncing just that playlist, or unchecking songs to prevent them from being downloaded to your iPod.

After you’ve changed settings and determined which songs you want to download, click the “Apply” button at the bottom right of the iTunes window. This will begin the downloading songs onto your iPod. How long it takes depends on how many songs you're downloading.

Once the syncing is complete, though, you will have successfully downloaded music onto your iPod.
HUH???

Am I missing something here?? :shock: :?: :shock:
DJGreg

.zip

Post by DJGreg »

OK, so I just got a new computer, Siglos imported the .zip files just fine in my other laptop, but this one, out of 30k .zip karaoke songs, I only can get 10k of them to come up by artist. All the .zip are in folders listed my artist and song .zip. I have no clue how I got them in the song database before, but I have tried several differant time to get these in. I can get them to list as A file, but when searching by adding singer and song or artist, they will not come up. Haw can I fix this? It wiokes fine in my other laptop, same operating system. Win 10 Getting frustrated. Greg
adam

Post by adam »

Please make sure to adjust the name parsing rule to the format of filenames you are importing.
Hiscrive

Post by Hiscrive »

nice post
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: .zip

DJGreg wrote:OK, so I just got a new computer, Siglos imported the .zip files just fine in my other laptop, but this one, out of 30k .zip karaoke songs, I only can get 10k of them to come up by artist. All the .zip are in folders listed my artist and song .zip. I have no clue how I got them in the song database before, but I have tried several differant time to get these in. I can get them to list as A file, but when searching by adding singer and song or artist, they will not come up. Haw can I fix this? It wiokes fine in my other laptop, same operating system. Win 10 Getting frustrated. Greg
i'm assuming you are using an external drive and a second computer for backup.
the easiest way would be to copy the siglos.db file to the new computer.
this will bring the entire imported library and singer database as well.
Paul G

Re: Adding New Songs

Post by Paul G »

How do I transfer my singers and history to a new computer? Do I put the Siglos d.b file Under ‘Karaoke’ and then import songs ? I have tried this and it does show my singers and songs but when I try to play the song it says it’s not there.

Should I import songs first and then try to put the Siglos d.b file in the Karaoke folder?
adam

Post by adam »

You need to place your song files in exactly the same location (folder path) where they were stored on your old machine.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

So to piggy back on Adam's reply, after you move the siglos.db from your old computer's My Karaoke folder to the new computer and you are using an external HD to store your songs, ensure the drive letter on your new computer is the same. For example, the external HD on your old computer was the H drive, make sure the external on your new computer is the H drive.
Hthayer

Post by Hthayer »

When i move my siglos.db file to a new computer it will show the songs ok but my singer history won't show. It has worked in the past but it doesn't do it it the newest version. Am i doing something wrong and just don't realize it?
Thanks