Siglos Pro monitor display

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

DJ Swing

Siglos Pro monitor display

Post by DJ Swing »

can someone please help me and give me instructions on how to properly display karaoke on a monitor?

Thanks!! :(
iphilcj

Sligos Pro monitor settings

Post by iphilcj »

I have the same question.

During a dry run for an event, I realized that I was not sure how to set up the video output so that a singer's screen and other screens only show the singer screen. Is there a setting that automatically sends the karaoke video to the other screens or do I have to do it manually?

The manual process I followed was as follows. I changed the settings for my computer screen to "expand"; Moved singer screen all the way to right. then adjusted the singer screen size to fit other screens. Is this the correct procedure?

Thanks,

Phil
adam

Post by adam »

Yes, this is the correct procedure. In general one needs to remember to set the video card into extended desktop mode.

You may also click "Use current position" button in File -> Settings -> Display to store the display settings.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

This is what I do to properly display the lyrics on the singer's screen. Using this method you won't need to drag the screen to the singer's monitor. This procedure is used with windows xp, if you have windows 7 you will select graphic properties in step 1 and adjust your multiple displays in the advanced mode and go from there.

To set up your computer to use an external monitor
1-Go to your display properties (right click on your desktop and select properties)
2-Select the settings tab
3-In the drop down menu select display 2
4-I use the screen resolution 1024x768
5-Check the box next to Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor
6-Click Apply
*sometimes you will need to do step 5 & 6 several times. Keep repeating steps 5 & 6 until the check mark remains in the box

In Karaoke Pro, go to the settings and select the display
Check Use secondary monitor
Select monitor 2 in the drop down menu

The karaoke words will now be on your TV and if you want to see it on your laptop, just enable the preview screen.

Post by Guest »

hornet59 wrote:This is what I do to properly display the lyrics on the singer's screen. Using this method you won't need to drag the screen to the singer's monitor. This procedure is used with windows xp, if you have windows 7 you will select graphic properties in step 1 and adjust your multiple displays in the advanced mode and go from there.

To set up your computer to use an external monitor
1-Go to your display properties (right click on your desktop and select properties)
2-Select the settings tab
3-In the drop down menu select display 2
4-I use the screen resolution 1024x768
5-Check the box next to Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor
6-Click Apply
*sometimes you will need to do step 5 & 6 several times. Keep repeating
steps 5 & 6 until the check mark remains in the box

In Karaoke Pro, go to the settings and select the display
Check Use secondary monitor
Select monitor 2 in the drop down menu

The karaoke words will now be on your TV and if you want to see it on your laptop, just enable the preview screen.
what about for windows vista?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Try this method for Windows Vista

Click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
Click Personalize, then click Display Settings.
Click the monitor icon representing the monitor you are adding to your system.
Place a check mark in the Extend The Desktop Onto This Monitor check box.
Click OK.