question on venues

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

gjjolly

question on venues

Post by gjjolly »

On my older versions of SKP the singer name was auto tagged by the venue in brackets ex. (joe smith{Hawleys}) but in version 2.0.23 it only shows the name without the venue can anyone tell me the way it should be showing in 2.0.23 Thanks!!
gjjolly

venue SKP

Post by gjjolly »

Also is there not a way to add singer and their songs to another venue without typing their whole list in? In Just karaoke I can select a singer and their songs that I want and assign to another venue, but I can not find a way of doing this in siglos can anyone shed a little light on this, surely it can not be this complicated
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I too am having venue issues, I suspect that your problem & mine are related.

My issue is called "Venue Naming Issue" and at the time of me writing this it is immediately below this one in the list.
gjjolly

No Support!!

Post by gjjolly »

On both my laptops I can not tell what venue the singer is under and it does not show their history unless I manually type it in for each venue (too much work, Forget It!!) so after 4 months and no reply from support on this I see the feature useless and do not even try to use it.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

it doesn't matter what venue i am logged into that night, if i am at the DAV and a singer comes in from Robert Emmets, their history shows up. if i grab a DIFFERENT computer, it will not show up.
not sure where you are having the problem.
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

The only way to get a singer to show up in a venue is to manually type Singer into the Singers Name box,
and it only list songs in the history window that are newly entered (even if the singer is an exact match to the one in history window.)
The Singer added to venue does show up in the history window with all boxes unchecked in history options, but does not have any brackets
or venue name (looks like duplicate of original with only the songs newly entered listed.) Have tried Registry reset<> re-installed<>uninstalled and re-installed<> uninstalled,
deleted registry entries and re-installed, still have same problem. Could this be something I'm not doing right, I have other Karaoke programs
that I can select singer and some or all of their songs in their history to show in the new venue, I can not do this in Siglos. Thanks for your response!
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Thanks for your input guys, keep posting them please.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

in the add singer dialog, the upper right has a pair of binoculars. i click that and every singer fir every venue is searchable. i do this for every singer regardless as it is faster than scrolling through all these names in the history window. have you tried that?
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

Hello Paradigm, The way I read your post you don't use venues either, you search the full singer history. I did use this search untill I accidentally hit [Remove all displayed] a couple of times and this wipes out your entire singer history without a warning. I suggested a warning in feb 2013 no response. I also suggested a hotkey or button to go directly to this singer history no response from support. I now use the [edit singers...] to search singer history and bring up their history with select singer. The only advantage I see using venues is to make the singer list shorter, but with search it doesn't make any difference how long your singer list is and much simple to use. I think if they would add search to the add singer box this work great.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Thanks for your input guys, useful information.