Venue naming issue.

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

jhakala1963

venue name

Post by jhakala1963 »

I have an answer to the default venue. You have to go into registry editor of windows and look for a key called HiddenVenueName and erase the data in that. That takes off any future additions in your add singer database. I am going to do this in my money maker machine tonight and I will let you know what happens.. It worked in my test machine at home. Btw. My test machine is vista 64 and my money machine is win 8 and I already made sure the reg edit thing works in 8 too.
Did you try this?
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Hi jhakala1963.

Thanks for getting back to me on this matter. I have not tried what you suggested, did you?

Very disappointed in the response from the techie guys on this forum on this issue, not heard from them for some considerable time and I get the impression my requests for help/info on this problem are just being ignored for some reason which is so unlike them. I pay a yearly amount for updates for Siglos Pro but because of this venue naming issue I am using an old version of it which beggars the question what is the point in paying the upgrade fee?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Release 2.0.26 was a bug-fixing release that should have taken care of this problem. I am sorry that this does not happen as fast as you would like, but we are working on improving things. In September we will roll out new features that we have been working on for last couple of months.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I for one know you guys have lots to work on not just one program and really love the programs that I use. I also know the frustration that is experienced when there is a issue with a new release and we can't get it to work correctly. Just from my point of view maybe just a little more communication with an up date that you are working on it and a possible fix release date would make everyone feel a little better. Knowing that the release date is just an estimate not carved in stone. Just my two cents worth.
jhakala1963

Post by jhakala1963 »

Daddybrubeck, yes I did.
jhakala1963

Post by jhakala1963 »

Daddybrubeck, yes I did.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Thank you jhakala1963, I finally plucked up the courage and followed your instructions in your July 27th posting and hey presto it cleared the issue I had. I now have my singers in their respective venues which is what I wanted.

When I have all my singers on display on the "Add Singer" screen I would still like to see them with a venue name alongside them so you can tell "Peter" from venue A from "Peter" from venue B, like it used to be in the previous versions, I now have to type the venue name in parentheses along side the singers name to achieve this, but were getting there slowly but surely.

Thanks everyone.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:Release 2.0.26 was a bug-fixing release that should have taken care of this problem. I am sorry that this does not happen as fast as you would like, but we are working on improving things. In September we will roll out new features that we have been working on for last couple of months.
Piotr, is there any word on your new version of KP?
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

I would also like to know !!