Venue naming issue.

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

daddybrubeck

Venue naming issue.

Post by daddybrubeck »

I am running version 2.0.23 of Siglos Karaoke Pro.

I find that when I input a name in the Add Singer window at, say for example, venue B, then when that name appears in the main play/rotation list it has next to it (in the brackets that used to be used to identify a venue prior to 2.0.23), the name of venue A, and of course it shouldn't have this.

Hopefully this makes some sense to someone, & I wonder if anyone else has the same issue?.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Eddie.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I have just uploaded Siglos Karaoke Pro 2.0.24.

The same thing happens in this as well.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Am I the only person with this problem then?
jhakala1963

venues

Post by jhakala1963 »

try looking in here I had a simular problem and fixed it myself..http://www.powerkaraoke.com/forum/about9387.html
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I don't normally use the venue feature, but I'll do a little investigating for myself. In the mean time, Adam or Piotr can you confirm this problem? If there is a problem, are you working on a fix? Seems like daddybrubeck has been asking for a while now without any response.

Don't let us down guys, I have always touted the support here as one of if not THE BEST of any website
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Still waiting for someone to assist me on this matter, it's been a long time now as well.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Adam or Piotr is there something wrong with the venue name feature in karaoke pro? It's been almost a month now and neither of you have posted anything about the fix.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry this is taking so long. We are doing major rework of rotation engine and it came out more complicated than we initially estimated.

Please try if this build works any better:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Thank you Hornet 59 and thank you Piotr.

I have downloaded version 20143019 from the above link.

As luck would have it when I went to install it a pop-up informed me that I needed to pay for another year of renewals (they come round so quick!!!), I have paid the renewal fee and I now await the necessary code number.

I'll keep you posted when I finally get 20143019 working.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:I am sorry this is taking so long. We are doing major rework of rotation engine and it came out more complicated than we initially estimated.

Please try if this build works any better:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe
Thanks for the update Piotr

Post by Guest »

First signs not good. Downloaded & installed version 20140319 & I tried it in the evaluation mode and entered a name, same thing happened as before inasmuch as the newly entered name was allocated the venue in brackets just as all the other names in the previous version was.

I have to install the code number for the version 20140319 but I have no internet connection for my laptop at the moment as I am away from home, not sure if that is the reason why it's not working though.

Daddybrubeck.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Further to my last posting on March 23rd. As I say in that posting I have downloaded version 20140319. I have now also copied in the renewal code number so that version 20140319 changed from an evaluation player to a full unhindered one.

Regrettably when I entered a new singer into it I got the same venue naming issue as described above so it seems that version 20140319 has not cured the venue naming problem.

I await any reply.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I first posted this issue back in February.

Am I the only person to have the problem?, if there are others who have the same issue could you please post about it?

I am somewhat dismayed with the response from the techie guys to the matter.

It is actually getting quite confusing which singer belongs to which venue when I have singers with the same name as they are all marked exactly the same.

Maybe someone can assist?
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Regrettably I am still not getting any conclusive replies to this "Venue Naming Issue" problem, it is now becoming difficult to identify singers with the same name but from different venues as they are all marked in exactly the same way.

I have reverted to re-installing version 2.0.17 so I can now at least tell my Dave from venue 1 from Dave at venue 2 as the venues are correctly named.

Disappointed in the response to this issue.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I first posted this problem in May, here we are at the end of July almost & still very little in response from the techie guys.

Does the problem exist or is it only me?

If it exists then has it been resolved yet?

Be really grateful for some sort of answer on this please.