Player opens then dissapears

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

[email protected]

Player opens then dissapears

Post by [email protected] »

My player opens briefly and then disappears within seconds. I have updated newest version of windows 10, but when I run the compatability troubleshooter it says the system is incompatible. It does not give me windows 10 as an option only windows 8. I ran this program on windows 10 but now it does not give me that option. I have tried to contact powerkaraoke support but the contact email does not even come up so I have no way to ask for help. There is no contact phone number or email address that works? Did this company go bankrupt or what??? Please let me know how to contact support!!!???!!!
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Besides Power Karaoke's support, other users also try to help. First of all what program are you using and tell us exactly step by step what you did to encounter this problem.
LightningNotes2000

Player opens then disappears

Post by LightningNotes2000 »

Same here. When I open Karaoke Player - 2 it pops up for about 3 seconds then disappears. When I run my original (Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder 1.0.16.0) it does not even present a splash screen, as if it didn't even start; then when I check Task-manager it shows that it is running; however there is no icon for it on the task bar. This same thing happens for Karaoke Player - 2 and I've tried the most recent version of that program.
LightningNotes2000

Re: Player opens then disappears

I forgot to mention: When I first got my win10 machine the program worked fine. It stopped working after one ( I don't remember which one) of the updates.
LightningNotes2000 wrote:Same here. When I open Karaoke Player - 2 it pops up for about 3 seconds then disappears. When I run my original (Siglos Karaoke Player/Recorder 1.0.16.0) it does not even present a splash screen, as if it didn't even start; then when I check Task-manager it shows that it is running; however there is no icon for it on the task bar. This same thing happens for Karaoke Player - 2 and I've tried the most recent version of that program.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Are we talking about Siglos or Power CD+G Player? Have you tried updating to the latest version?
LightningNotes2000

Both actually. I also have the Karaoke Creator (which also no longer works).

I tried running and installing siglos2-karaoke-setup 2.1.1.47 and have the same issue.
Piotr wrote:Are we talking about Siglos or Power CD+G Player? Have you tried updating to the latest version?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Please try 2.1.1.48 released today. Also please download and run this registry script, which reverts settings to default:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/siglos_default.reg
LightningNotes2000

UPDATE:
I went into the registry and removed all references to: "Karaoke","Siglos","Doblon" and then ran the siglos2-karaoke-setup 2.1.1.47 and now it is working fine. I guess I'll have to buy the upgrade.

I'll try the other programs I have (i.e.:Karaoke creator pro) and post another update with the results.

As for the original "Siglos Kkaraoke Player/Recorder 1.0.16.0" I guess it's EOL has come.

LightningNotes2000 wrote:Both actually. I also have the Karaoke Creator (which also no longer works).

I tried running and installing siglos2-karaoke-setup 2.1.1.47 and have the same issue.
Piotr wrote:Are we talking about Siglos or Power CD+G Player? Have you tried updating to the latest version?
damonward

Re: Player opens then dissapears

Post by damonward »

I have the same problem with Siglos Karaoke / player recorder 2 in windows 10. It started this after the last windows update. I rolled back that update, removed the karaoke player program and reinstalled it, but it still does the same thing comes on but goes back off before I can access it. I have installed the latest issue of the program.