SKP v47

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

SKP v47

Post by hornet59 »

Hey Gang

Not sure if others are experiencing the same problem I am, but in SKP v47 I am not able to create and save a new collection in the Song Database window. For example, I will create a new collection called "No Explicit." It will look like SKP is saving the collection, but when I click on the drop down arrow that is next to the collection selection I will only see **All Songs** as my only choice. Anyone else having the same problem?

I reinstalled v45 and v46 and creating a new collection worked perfectly.

Piotr, one more question. If I created a new collection called No Explicit and I remove the explicit songs in this collection, I noticed that when I type one of the explicit words such F**K the database still list those songs. Searching a song title that contains the explicit word(s) on the remote does not display any of the songs, which works perfectly. The only place the title shows up is in the Song Database list in SKP. Is it possible to remove these songs from being listed in my No Explicit collection Song Database so I know that the songs were removed? I find that if I delete these songs in the No Explicit collection it will affect the All Songs collection by removing it in that collection as well.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I will check the problem with saving collections.

As of displaying results -- do you have 'Search withing selected collection only' option enabled (it is a funnel icon in Song Database window)?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm not having any problem creating new collections in .47.
also, i can not get any song not in the collection to show. at least for me, everything is working great.
are you sure you saved the collection after sorting it? i missed that part the first few times i tried.
piotr, can the search within collections be made like the main database search including artist AND title?
especially in instances like Hornet needs, i think full functionality should be there no matter which database is being searched. for his example of "No Explicit", customers will still want to search by title.
it appears to be set up like the "Browse By Artist" search is in stead of the "Search For Song" is setup.
for the record, i have "Duets" and "Canciones En Espanol" setup and the singers are very happy, this is a great solution.

i do see one bug...
made a collection for duets.
inside it i have some duplicates that in settings the box to hide dupes is checked.
when i click on the duet button i see "brad paisley & carrie underwood"
with a "songs : 2" next to it.
however, when i go into that to see the songs, it hides the duplicate correctly, it is only in the original search that it shows there being two when it should only show one.
i hope that made sense.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:As of displaying results -- do you have 'Search withing selected collection only' option enabled (it is a funnel icon in Song Database window)?
That was the solution Piotr! I'm an idiot lol. I didn't realize that it was not enabled. Maybe overlaying a check mark on the button when enabled will make it more pronounce to the KJ.

*Update* Piotr, when I enabled the "Search within selected collection only" all the songs disappeared. No matter what I type in the search filter box in the Song Database popup it doesn't list any song.
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i'm not having any problem creating new collections in .47.
also, i can not get any song not in the collection to show. at least for me, everything is working great.
Paradigm I'm not following you on this one. Shouldn't only the songs in the collection be listed?
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:are you sure you saved the collection after sorting it? i missed that part the first few times i tried.
Yes I did save the collection.
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:piotr, can the search within collections be made like the main database search including artist AND title? especially in instances like Hornet needs, i think full functionality should be there no matter which database is being searched. for his example of "No Explicit", customers will still want to search by title.
I also like this suggestion. A search by either artist or title in a collection is vital for this feature to be useable.
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i do see one bug...
inside it i have some duplicates that in settings the box to hide dupes is checked.
however, when i go into that to see the songs, it hides the duplicate correctly, it is only in the original search that it shows there being two when it should only show one.
i hope that made sense.
Paradigm, if I'm not mistaken, I think that's how Piotr wrote the program. That's how it is displayed in the browsing by artist feature.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

hornet69, can you please email me your database and log file?
Paradigm Karaoke

hornet59 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:i'm not having any problem creating new collections in .47.
Paradigm I'm not following you on this one. Shouldn't only the songs in the collection be listed?
yes it should, i think i misunderstood your problem, i took it as you could search within the "no explicit" catalog and find explicit songs. i was unable to do so.
hornet59 wrote:
i hope that made sense.
Paradigm, if I'm not mistaken, I think that's how Piotr wrote the program. That's how it is displayed in the browsing by artist feature.
somewhat...let me post pictures to show why i think something is off...

here you can see that it says i have 2 songs for "Paisley, Brad & Carrie Underwood (FTX)"

and here when i click on it, there is only one.
Both are off different discs, but from the same manu.
I think it should show only one song if the checkbox to hide duplicates is checked.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:hornet69, can you please email me your database and log file?
Both files were emailed, but I had to send it separately because both together made the email size too big to send. Thanks for your hard work Piotr!
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
hornet59 wrote:
yes it should, i think i misunderstood your problem, i took it as you could search within the "no explicit" catalog and find explicit songs. i was unable to do so.
hornet59 wrote:
i hope that made sense.
somewhat...let me post pictures to show why i think something is off...

here you can see that it says i have 2 songs for "Paisley, Brad & Carrie Underwood (FTX)"

and here when i click on it, there is only one.
Both are off different discs, but from the same manu.
I think it should show only one song if the checkbox to hide duplicates is checked.
Paradigm, I think just like the search by artist feature SKP says there are two identical songs in the database, however because you selected to hide duplicates only one title will be shown. Piotr, am I correct in this assumption?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Not sure what is going on with my laptop, but I am now able to create a new collection using v47. However, I am still at odds with creating my "No Explicit" collection. This is what I attempted:

1. In the Song Database window I selected "Add New" and named the collection No Explicit.
2. Now comes the part I'm having a problem with. How do I add the entire "All Songs" database to the No Explicit collection? I can't highlight and add all the songs because only 1000 songs are displayed.

Creating a collection like "Duets" is simpler because I would search for the duet songs and add it to the duet collection. However, for my No Explicit collection I want to do the opposite by using the entire database and removing just the explicit songs.

Paradigm, do you have a suggestion? Piotr, what would be the right procedure to follow to create a collection like what I need?
Paradigm Karaoke

before you click add all visible, click the "show all" button. then clicking add all visible should add everything and you can then remove the ones you don't want
Paradigm Karaoke

small bug Piotr...
whenever someone puts a space in the name field ("mike and alison", or "dave m") it adds a plus sing instead of a space "mike+and+alison" or "dave+m" which screws things up while adding singers.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:before you click add all visible, click the "show all" button. then clicking add all visible should add everything and you can then remove the ones you don't want
Thanks for the tip Paradigm it worked!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:small bug Piotr...
whenever someone puts a space in the name field ("mike and alison", or "dave m") it adds a plus sing instead of a space "mike+and+alison" or "dave+m" which screws things up while adding singers.
Version 2.1.1.49 fixes it.