Help Extended screen

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Dana48457

Help Extended screen

Post by Dana48457 »

I have the newest update Siglo Pro .49 and it seems to work well on the computer but when I hooked it up to my Large screen tv HDMI Shut everything down Turn TV on and then start up the computer and program the screen saver on my computer is extended as it should be full screen when I start the karaoke program it extends about 1/4 screen in the upper left-hand corner. I played with the settings extend screen on the computer also display changes in program and I got it to come on to full screen as it should. check all the setting and should program down and restarted and it went right back to the small display and I couldn't get it to go full screen again. there were times when switching display screen that it would flicker full screen and the go small but can't get it to stay that way or even go that way again. I have to have a full screen
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Update:I found out that if I have singer rotation showing and change display screen it goes to the smaller display on the 2nd monitor but if I click on the singer rotation and hide it then click on display the second monitor goes to full screen just as it should and then I can bring back the singer rotation and everything is normal until I have to close and restart the program it starts in the small display and I have to go through the above all over again. Not understanding why but it works Any Ideas?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Sorry Dana I'm not following you. When you say you have the singer rotation showing are you talking about the "Add Singer" screen? I also don't know what you mean by "change display screen" and "hide singer rotation."
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Everything is set up. I turn on the 2nd monitor. I turn on the computer and wait for it to boot up. once it is booted up I start Siglo pro and wait for it to load. once it is loaded on my screen I have the dark version showing and on top is the main control where it shows the count down and the controls to adjust key, volume, start, and stop the song and below those buttons are buttons to switch display looks like a TV kinda. then next to it is one on the left that looks like a list that one hide the screen below rotation screen where you add a singer. I click on the list button above you hide that screen click it again and it shows the list again. Normally if I have my settings set in the display to use a secondary monitor and start in full screen it just starts that way but now every time it starts in a small display on the secondary monitor and I have to use the steps before to get the display to full screen. hope this helps
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i'm following.
What Dana is talking about is not the "Add Singer / Song" screen, but the main rotation screen. (singer on the left side, song on the right side, the big play button at the bottom left, etc.)
what happens is the second screen shows the desktop as usual, but the singer display (the lyrics) only show up in the upper left of the TV in 1/4 of the display.

i have had this issue but NEVER thought about the rotation window being the problem, i only had that happen when i used 1080 resolution. my solution was to use 720 resolution (which is not a bad idea for 2 reasons....
1) it uses less resources
2) even HD mp4 karaoke is at 720, so nothing is gained at higher resolution.)

i will have to try closing the rotation screen and see if it gives the same problem
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Paradigm Where do you change the resolution settings at???
Paradigm Karaoke

i mean the resolution for the computer, not for SKP.
on windows 10, right click on the desktop and select :display settings"

and i can confirm, closing all windows except the player itself resolves the issue.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Tried every setting on the resolution setting page both for computer and to the monitor. looked good until I shut down program then the same thing happened had to hide singer rotation window to get the monitor to come back up full screen.
Paradigm Karaoke

THAT i can not duplicate on my machine.
although i forgot to reset back to 720 before my show i'm running right now and i swear i see better graphics at 1080 which makes no sense to me.
i can confirm that i have that issue you do with 1080 resolution.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Maybe they can find a fix with the next release.
blade316

Post by blade316 »

I’ve had this sort of issue before .... I had two 40 inch LED TVs and a 20 inch TV for the singers on stage. One HDMI feed comes from the computer into a 4 way HDMI splitter - 2 outputs to the 40inch TVs and one to the 20 inch TV.

The issue was that the 40inch TVs supported 4K resolution but the 20inch didn’t .... in Windows display settings it was trying to push the highest (4K) setting to all extended monitors, which caused some weird stuff on the 20inch.

Setting all my extended displays to use 1080p resolution in Windows fixed the issue immediately.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Thanks for the info Blade but it didn't help I have the option of two settings on the computer one for the computer and one for the TV that I am using as the second monitor I tried every setting for both and once I find a setting that gives me the full second screen and turn off the program and restart it I still have to go thru the steps above to get a full screen on the monitor.
blade316

Post by blade316 »

Thanks for the info Blade but it didn't help I have the option of two settings on the computer one for the computer and one for the TV that I am using as the second monitor I tried every setting for both and once I find a setting that gives me the full second screen and turn off the program and restart it I still have to go thru the steps above to get a full screen on the monitor.
Can you please take a video of exactly whats happening, and post it to YouTube or something, then reply with the link, and we can all take a look.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I never have done anything like that but I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.
blade316

Post by blade316 »

I never have done anything like that but I'll give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.
It's easy, just use your phone, and just make sure you show as clearly as possible whats actually happening etc.

Let us know when its up :)