Kiosk: First time using Kiosk - FAIL

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

blade316

Kiosk: First time using Kiosk - FAIL

Post by blade316 »

hey guys,

Running the latest version of Siglos.

At my recent show over the weekend, I thought I would give the Siglos kiosk feature a go, to hopefully make it easier and quicker for receiving song request. Unfortunately, it was a big fail, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

Here's what happened:

When you submit a song with a space in the name, it puts a plus symbol (+) in the middle eg. ''Rebecca T' comes through as 'Rebecca+T. It seems like its replacing any space characters with '+'.

The auto add feature does not work, the songs just sit in the queue until I manually add them. I have made sure Auto Add is ticked, and also un-ticked all the 'Pause when' settings, but that didn't help.

Submitting a song using a name that has already been used, does not match on that existing singer. I tried with just a first name and also first and last name. I have tried ticking and unticking Auto Add, and various combinations of the 'Pause when' options - nothing works.

I submitted a song (The Police - Every Breath You Take) under singer 'Dan C', added it to the queue. Then went and submitted another song (U2 - With or Without You) under 'Dan C', it did not auto add. So I used the Ópen in Add Singer' option, it had 'Dan C' populated already in the singer drop down, and the song was in the Song List results area. I selected Add and Close, and it removed 'The Police - Every Breath You Take' and replaced it with 'U2 - With or Without You'.

I also tried resetting SKP in the registry and testing again - same issue.

That's the main bugs I came across, however the kiosk (at least for me) is unusable.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

ok....
1) the "+" sign problem is fixed in the new .49 release, so give that a shot. i had the same issue but this release fixed it.

2) auto add only works once you attach it to a name. either one in your database (ie. a regular of yours) or just tell it to add and it will create a new singer.

3) taking out a song and replacing it is very odd for sure. was the Police song the ONLY one in the Song List results area? it WILL have that name in the singer drop down, but i bet it added a second one.
just for troubleshooting sake, can you please try this?

A) search for and select "The Police - Every Breath You Take" at the kiosk.
B) Use a singer named "Test 1" with secret code "1234"
C) At the host comp just click the "+" sign in the Remote Queue window.
D) That should add "Test 1" as a singer in the rotation with 1 song.
E) Make sure "Auto Add" is checked in the Remote Queue Window.
F) search for and select "U2 - With Or Without You" at the kiosk.
G) Use the singer "Test 1" with the secret code "1234"
H) at the host comp, the singer "Test 1" should have 2 songs now.

does it happen this way following those directions?