kiosk search problem

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

kiosk search problem

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

in the request browse by artist, the search goes by last name. for us it makes sense to search "Underwood, Carrie".... but a singer will be searching for "Carrie Underwood" which comes back empty.
searching "Carrie Underwood" in the search for song works fine.
the artist search would be more friendly if it searched universally like the artist field in the add singer dialog does.
hornet59

Re: kiosk search problem

Post by hornet59 »

If I use my kiosk and search for an artist using their first & last name or last & first name I get mixed results. Entering only Carrie returns a list of all of Carrie Underwood's song. However, once I start typing the last name the list disappears. The same thing happens if I search Underwood. All of her songs are listed until I start typing Carrie, then the list disappears. Same thing happens for other artists like if I'm searching for Elton John's songs. When I enter Elton all of his songs populate in the listing. However, once I start entering his last name only the songs where Elton John is the second name such as in a duet is listed. For example, George Michael feat Elton John in George's version of Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me. The songs with only Elton John listed as the artist disappears. All of my karaoke file names are listed Title - Last Name, First Name except for duets, which are listed Title - Last Name feat First Name Last Name, First Name. For example Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Michael feat Elton John, George.
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: kiosk search problem

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

right, the search keeps words in order.
"Carrie" sees the "Underwood, Carrie" just fine
"Carrie U" sees "Underwood, Carrie" and says "there is no "U" after "Carrie" so rejects it.
the artist field of the add singer dialog does not do this, it looks universally at grouped letters.
it's even more confusing for singers since when they find "Underwood, Carrie" it shows on screen as "Carrie Underwood" and don't understand why it did not find her when searching "Carrie Underwood"
the "search for song" works the way the add singer dialog does, "Car Und" finds "Underwood, Carrie"
Slytak

kiosk search problem

Post by Slytak »

Ive done nothing to modify the search template. I search for words that I know appear in posts and it never returns results. I am using the latest.