Problem with app using Rotation

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

dwd1

Problem with app using Rotation

Post by dwd1 »

Hello,

I absolutely LOVE being able to search and request from the app. I think this is a fantastic addition to already wonderful software. I have found some issues with it and they are listed below as well as Rotation issues.

In regards to that I've found something that I think needs to be taken care of immediately. When you add songs from the portable system it duplicates the names in the QUEUE rather than using the Current one that is in the rotation. An example of this would be adding songs for Singer 1. If you add 1 for Singer 1, then add another, a separate 'Singer 1' is created in the rotation RATHER than advancing the number of songs for 'Singer 1'. Seems that some type of logic needs to be devised to check if the 'Singer' indicated by the app is currently in the rotation. This seems like a major problem using the phone / tablet app during a show.

Another issue I've seen is how the rotation works. I've tried the following scenario and it seems there is definitely a problem.

Add Singer 1 song
Add Singer 2 song
Add Singer 3 song
Add Singer 4 song

Singer 1 is the first in BUT instead of Singer 2 being second, Singer 4 is the next queued up. Perhaps I am missing something but I'd think the rotation, or addition of singers / songs, should be in the order in which they are received UNLESS the singer / song is currently in the rotation then that singer's songs should be advanced by 1.

As you can see Singer 1 is first then 4 then 3 then 2 .. why is that??? Shouldn't it be Singer 1, 2, 3, 4?

Please let me know if you require additional information.
cdakaraoke

Re: Problem with app using Rotation

Post by cdakaraoke »

I haven't had the problems you are describing. One thing I have noticed is if someone accidentally puts a space in their phone for their name, it looks like another name to the app but you can't see it because it's a space. As far as people in the rotation, I have mine set on auto add if they are in the system it adds them to the bottom of the rotation, then whatever songs they add goes in their spot. Another thing to check is if you have location enabled. It doesn't work like it used to but if you have a location set for someone and another name gets put in, it acts like a new person, or gets lost. If you check the info button on that person it should say location not set.
dwd1

Post by dwd1 »

Thanks so much for responding. I'll try setting location to see if that corrects the problem..

Thanks again!
dwd1

Post by dwd1 »

cdakaraoke wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 pm I haven't had the problems you are describing. One thing I have noticed is if someone accidentally puts a space in their phone for their name, it looks like another name to the app but you can't see it because it's a space. As far as people in the rotation, I have mine set on auto add if they are in the system it adds them to the bottom of the rotation, then whatever songs they add goes in their spot. Another thing to check is if you have location enabled. It doesn't work like it used to but if you have a location set for someone and another name gets put in, it acts like a new person, or gets lost. If you check the info button on that person it should say location not set.
Hello - Do you mean Venue? I can't find anything for Location in the settings. If you do mean venue, I tried setting it and the same behavior takes place. I have 'Dave D' in the rotation. Auto add is set in the Remote Queue. When I add a new song for 'Dave D' from my phone it creates a new entry for Dave D in the rotation instead of adding the song to the first one's list. I have my venue set and can see it in 'info' for the singers. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave...
dwd1

Post by dwd1 »

cdakaraoke wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:57 pm I haven't had the problems you are describing. One thing I have noticed is if someone accidentally puts a space in their phone for their name, it looks like another name to the app but you can't see it because it's a space. As far as people in the rotation, I have mine set on auto add if they are in the system it adds them to the bottom of the rotation, then whatever songs they add goes in their spot. Another thing to check is if you have location enabled. It doesn't work like it used to but if you have a location set for someone and another name gets put in, it acts like a new person, or gets lost. If you check the info button on that person it should say location not set.
Hi! I figured out what the problem was with the remote queue AND the rotation issue I was having..

For the remote queue you have to have 'Require Secret Code' AND Singer Names: 'Unique in rotation' both selected in order for a duplicate to NOT be produced. This works great and requires the App user to enter a numeric code when submitting a song into the rotation. In doing so, it will then create a unique singer AND add new songs to that singer in the rotation. Venue doesn't need to be set for I tried this without it, and it still worked. The remote app and queueing work GREAT now!

The rotation issue was caused by me NOT having the 'At the end of the rotation'' selected in the Add Singer / Song screen .. New Singer Rotation: selection at the bottom. This drop down has some interesting options in it too ;-)

Thanks,

Dave..
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Dave,

For the secret code I copied a technique that Paradigm, another KJ from this forum uses. I tell my singers to use the last four digits of their phone number. This will help them remember the code more easily.
dwd1

Post by dwd1 »

hornet59 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:31 pm Dave,

For the secret code I copied a technique that Paradigm, another KJ from this forum uses. I tell my singers to use the last four digits of their phone number. This will help them remember the code more easily.
Hi,

I don't think they really need to remember it since the app will keep it on their phone. But, that's a great idea to suggest it with the scrolling message just in case they close the app, or restart their phone.. You can also find out what their code is from the info associated with them in the rotation list.
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

dwd1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:20 am
Hello [please do not post unlock codes] Do you mean Venue? I can't find anything for Location in the settings. If you do mean venue, I tried setting it and the same behavior takes place. I have 'Dave D' in the rotation. Auto add is set in the Remote Queue. When I add a new song for 'Dave D' from my phone it creates a new entry for Dave D in the rotation instead of adding the song to the first one's list. I have my venue set and can see it in 'info' for the singers. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave...
Turn off cookies. Have your singers make sure that they use the same name and code. If their first request ends up in the request receiver portion hit the plus sign otherwise the software thinks that the request was manually added to the rotation inside of the software and not from the app and when the singer tries to put in another request he gets back the another singer is using that name please select another one.