Power CD+G Crashes! Help?

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

straycat5150

Power CD+G Crashes! Help?

Post by straycat5150 »

A couple of days ago, I tried the trial version of Power CD+g and liked it. I couldn't get it to work properly today however. Every time I hit burn, the program crashes. I know that it works on my DVD RW (Pioneer DVR107) because I've ripped and burned.
I just purchased an unlock code hoping that would help, yet it doesn't. The Ripping function works fine.

ANY help would greatly be appreciated!

order #42358
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry for the problems.

Which version are you using? Could you please send us a log file created by Power CD+G Burner. It is cdgblog.txt file located in 'C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner' directory (if you are using Windows Vista please press Ctrl+L and the folder containing the log file will be displayed). This will allow us to find what the problem might be.
Jonty

Re: Power CD+G Crashes! Help?

Post by Jonty »

straycat5150 wrote:A couple of days ago, I tried the trial version of Power CD+g and liked it. I couldn't get it to work properly today however. Every time I hit burn, the program crashes. I know that it works on my DVD RW (Pioneer DVR107) because I've ripped and burned.
I just purchased an unlock code hoping that would help, yet it doesn't. The Ripping function works fine.

ANY help would greatly be appreciated!

order #42358

I have also just purchased this program and I’m experiencing the same problems. As soon as I go and burn my bin files/cdg files the program crashes. I have gone back to CDR-WIN for now as this is a proven if old fashion looking program.

I downloaded the latest version and I’m using Windows XP and I have attached the log file below to see if you can come to any conclusions. Any help would be very much appreciated.

*** Program started ***
Power CD+G Burner 1.5.8
12/10/07 18:37:24

[log cut]
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Looks like this file is corrupted:

C:\mIRC-TCKG5\download\Dk005-11_-_Hammond,_Albert_-_It_Never_Rains_In_Southern_California.zip

Is causing problem. Please try removing it from the list.
Jonty

Things are going from bad to worse!

Post by Jonty »

Thank you for the info, I have deleted this file but now the program won’t even open now and just comes up with the message Power CD +G has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. This happens all the time now when I open this program even after I have re-booted my pc.

Have you any other ideas?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

This is very strange. Please try reinstalling the program. If it does not help please run this registry script:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/cd ... efault.reg

If it still does not help please email us the log file again.

Post by Guest »

Same problem here, sort of. I registered this program for my mother, and it worked great for a long time. Recently however, it crashes to the desktop instantly every time she tries to open a new set of songs to burn. She's tried different sets of songs, but it always crashes. She's using the latest version.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Could you please email us a log file created by Power CD+G Burner. It is cdgblog.txt file located in 'C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner' directory (if you are using Windows Vista please press Ctrl+L and the folder containing the log file will be displayed). This will allow us to find what the problem might be.
Jonty

Up and running

Post by Jonty »

At long last I have managed to get this to work. I uninstalled the program and placed it into another directory on the hard drive and ran the registry script. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the info.
NEZ

Post by NEZ »

I TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM EVLY TIME I ADD A CDG FILE IT JUCT POPS UP AND SAYS POWER CD+G BURNER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND IM USEING WINDOWS 7 STARTING TO MIFF ME OFF NOW
adam

Post by adam »

Are you using the latest version of the program?

You may try downloading and running this file:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/cd ... efault.reg

It will revert Power CD+G Burner to default settings.
nez

Post by nez »

i think my version is 1.4 not downloading it again coz it ill cost me again lol prefer to get my own version working if possible just ran that file still doing same thing
adam

Post by adam »

This is a very old version, and is not supported any more. I recommend to download the latest one -- 1.7.8.
r1ruffrider

CRASH

Post by r1ruffrider »

I just purchased the serial 10 minutes ago and as soon as I try to load cdg files, it crashes. I've restarted my computer 2 times.
adam

Post by adam »

Please specify the full name and version number of the program.